RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

The stock cable doesnt look that bad to me though… of course, we cant tell the resistance with the looks but still…

The stock cable is almost good, not sure about measurements but i find it is a bit stiff for my liking and i love how the Rhyme looks and feels, i actually have the Rhyme on my Focal Clear, on my Fostex Ebony and in all my IEMs except for the FD5, that FD5 cable is glorious!

1 Like

Sure here it is, nothing fancy at all but it does the trick for me.

2 Likes

Are those headphone stands stable?

I am using these for my headphones:

:joy:

1 Like

I love how the Rhyme cable looks on the Tea.

4 Likes

Surprisingly they are very stable, i had the same concern when i purchase them but their base is solid and heavy.

1 Like

Very nice! Very good choices as well. We are on the same wavelength. I’ve got two TR-X00’s left. One Ebony stock and one Lawton modded. I have the Clear MG Pro and a ZMF Aeolus.

1 Like

2 Likes

I may regret this, but the Focal Clear is actually for sale right now in the local forum. I think it sounds incredible, it is so detailed and, well, “clear” lol. But as you can see in the picture the Fostex is the one connected to the amp, and that is what happens 90% of the time so i am having a hard time keeping such an expensive headphone with almost no use…

God i love these Fostex…

How do these two compare? I thought about the Lawton mod but i just love the stock sound too much to temper with it…

I have been modding the TR-X00 for years trying to push it further and further. If you feel the stock TR-X00 is perfect, leave it alone (plus you’ve got the best one, Ebony which are near impossible to find). I still go back and forth between the two I have liking both for different reasons. The Lawton modded TR-X00 I have could be seen as the stock Ebony on steroids with extra stage, deeper, more thunderous bass and the treble relaxed through the driver mod and dampening.

The TR-X00 is a fun headphone.

The Clear is the opposite. It’s a detail monster. But the Clear MG, raises the bass and smooths out and slightly warms up the treble. Just to my liking.

If I could only keep one, it would be the FOCAL Clear MG Pro.

1 Like

Wonder if I ever fall that deep into the headphone rabbit hole lol.

Well, I did order the 1More H1707 yesterday. Guess I am falling, one step at a time. :joy:

2 Likes

By the number of headphones you already have there, it looks like you’re already in it! I only have 5 right now I actually count. I’ve gotten rid of a lot of them. Now, I need to do the same with the IEMs. It’s gotten way out of hand.

2 Likes

tenor (3)

2 Likes

Not sure if even the Focal Clear MG Pro would be fun enough for me to be my only headphone, but the details we get out of Focal Clears are insane.

At one point i was loving the Audeze LCD2C’s sound, it has an unique character to it that i found very cool, but then i got the Clears and when i A/B it completely ruined the LCD2C for me, the difference in detail retrieval is massive!

The Fostex in the other hand is able to deliver this beautiful sound with incredible fun bass AND good enough detail, these are incredible for the price, it is a shame i was not able to get myself brand new ones, mine are used and they have some scratches that would never be there if i was the original owner hahaha

1 Like

I also noticed a difference. Only iem it happened. Think the stock cable is kinda bad…

2 Likes

My money is also on that, i never seen such a dramatic difference before. Will check the impedance soon so we can compare!

Before buying it, saw some people complaining. As soon as i got a custom i heard the difference. But the same with every custom cable after that. Big difference on tips too

1 Like

It’s why I bought three.

Don’t tell anybody, but I actually prefer my modded TR-X00 to the ZMF Vérité
Closed. Just uttering those words might be enough to get me killed in these parts.

@Rikudou_Goku I apologize if I’m spamming your thread too much. I’ll stop until I have some photos of tonight’s delivery, which should be pretty exciting. :wink:

3 Likes

The sad part is that i prefer the stock cable’s sound, i have just A/B and the sound is noticeable thinner with the Kbear cable, this is crazy need to measure this thing…

1 Like