RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

This is a bit random but I think I’ll be using this song when I do some test listening in the future.

I’ve been changing tips between the CP100 and CP145 on my FD5 and I seem to like my sound more on the CP100 tips for some reason suddenly. The soundstage and instrument seperation felt a tad bit more naturally wide than before. Maybe I was too excited to get the CP145 at the time and now I’m enjoying the CP100 more now. Been testing by playing the song above.

1 Like

Really?

In my collection, it’s more like in the last 30% in terms of size.

There is so much on the market, some of which is significantly smaller.

&

And of course the king of mini earphones:

1 Like

wow, that IE900 is a lot smaller than I thought.

Yeah, how do you even get the FH3 to fit. Don’t even think about any of the new tribrids.

Does the Blessing 2 fit you at all?

It does actually thanks to the shape being good. But I can feel my ears expanding lol. Its uncomfortable from the instant I put them on and after 5 minutes it hurts…

Thanks for the Photos! I love good single dynmaics. The IE 900 is rising to the top of my list for my next IEM I’m interested in.

With the failure than is the Xenns Up, I’m going to take a break and enjoy all the IEMs I have at the moment, but I have a feeling the IE 900 is on my horizons. The UM Mest, IER Z1R and Odin didn’t do it for me for whatever specific reason so maybe the IE 900 will. I love how small it is!

I don’t really consider the Blon or the little Moondrops. They are indeed small though.

That’s right, and I have relatively large ears, which means the much-vaunted comfort, doesn’t really apply to me, because I have to readjust these earbuds from time to time to ensure the correct seal.

Curiously, a BLON-03 sits better in my ears, than the IE900 :man_shrugging:.

The Variants are super comfy to my ears :+1:

1 Like

Isnt that one even smaller?

Tip roll though, if its too small I would go for azla tips they are huge. Xelastec could also help since they have a lot of gripping power.

1 Like

Dude, that sucks! The Blessing 2 fits me perfectly. As in my entire ear is fully filled and it’s held secure in my ear. It just sticks out a bit far.

The Xenns Up is a tiny bit smaller than the Monarch and Clairvoyance shell and just fits me perfectly, but the Monarch and Clair are just too big. At least for my left ear. lol So if I were you, I would not even attempt any of them.

1 Like

Yeah, both sound and fit on it makes me feel like I threw away 320 usd…

Definitely…

1 Like

Yes, but the BLON clamps perfectly into the shape of my auricle.

While the cable connection of the IE900 is so close to my auricle that even with slight movements, the earphones are, so to speak, levered out.

——-

:+1:

I think Monarch & Co would be perfect for my ears :laughing:

1 Like

To this day I still think that both the Tin HiFi T2 and the BLON 03 are milestones in in-ear history.

Both seal perfectly in my ears, so I have no problems with sound loss.

As an introduction to an “audiophile world”, these are still real “grenades” :+1: :100: :boom:

Even though I have much more expensive earbuds, I still enjoy using these two in everyday life :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Rediscovered the BL-03 recently after having them stored away in a drawer for a long time. I tend to agree. I had moved on to higher performing stuff but recently decided to come back to them and I have to say I’m still impressed. Now I’m putting a little money into getting them exactly the way I want in terms of ergonomics and fine tuning the sound. I am using the ePro horn tips which are long and wide enough to give me the secure fit I need, plus soft enough that they are comfortable for longer periods of time. I did the mesh mod that @Rikudou_Goku suggests, and I am now waiting on a custom cable that I hope will be the last piece of the puzzle.

2 Likes

Am I the only oddball who wears the Tin T2 upside down (cables going down)?

Hi there. What’s a good IEM rec for me. $1k ish budget. I like a nice deep bass but not bloated. I like an intimate sound so not really wide sound stage. But i love depth and layering! Vocals matter a lot, but I’m pretty sensitive to treble , but as long as it’s airy it’s fine. Timbre is very important, especially with vocals and bass instruments and drums.Any help would be very appreciative!

:heart:

Your budget is out of my league lol. If you can go that high up, you might want to ask @hawaiibadboy on his thread: Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) - #1823 by Purplezorz

Otherwise it sounds like you should look for L-shaped or bass-boosted neutral iems and preferably single DD since they are the masters of timbre and coherency.

1 Like

Man, you have got some large ears! Lucky!!! The Variations just fits me. lol

I’ve never taken shots of my ears with IEMs in them. Now I’m really interested in how they look in my ears. I wonder if I have more space than I actually think I do. You can almost fit two Variations in there. lol!

Do you have problems keeping them in your ears/falling out?

Do you have the Monarch or Clair? Really interested to see how they would fit you. They are the largest IEMs I own.

1 Like

I’d suggest putting up a thread with what you’re looking for in an iem as that’s usually the best way to get more people’s views and suggestions on what you can get :blush:

The tip collection is getting bigger and the IEM collection getting smaller, i think i am doing something wrong :crazy_face:

3 Likes

So I could understand buying 1 package in multiple sizes since not every manufacturers small is the same… but multiple packages of different sizes is kinda odd.