RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

These are dirty cheap and shipping from Japan is expensive, so it made sense to me…

And there was no option of 1 package with multiple sizes

2 Likes

Makes sense if there was a bulk shipping discount. I forgot about that. There not being a multi size pack is why I though you got 2 sizes… it was jut the 2 packs of the same style in 2 sizes that threw me off.

Well if i like one i want to have multiple of the same

I tend to toss tips into my cart when I buy other things, since they are generally pretty cheep compared to other things I get. So I don’t tend to stock up on extras until I settle on wanting more. But I can see your point.

1 Like

Since you got multiple size, you can try this little trick:

(Final Audio F series image)

Taking the smallest size that you can still get a good seal with and using it deeper than normal.

3 Likes

Funny you just posted this info, i swear i was about to post the same thing!!!

I recently got S size Spinfits and tried some of the S size Type Es and i was mind blown when i realized i can get a fit out of any of my S size tips as long as i use a deeper insertion.

The trick is to use your oposing hand to pull your ear outside while inserting the IEM, that opens the ear canal and allows you to insert it deeper with zero effort.

There are two huge gains of this method;

• Some iems will fit a LOT better with a deeper insert, because they will no longer sit in your ear cartilage;
  • Some iems deliver a very different sound when inserted deeper;

These 2 points impacted the FD5 in a way i would never imagine, they are now my most comfortable iem even with that odd shape!

The Mangird Tea in the other hand has a longer nozzle and the insertion gets way too deep with this method so it is not very comfortable.

Tips indeed make or break iems!

3 Likes

I don’t own a set, but your wish list sounds very similar to how other folks describe the Shuoer EJ07. $850 I think. Those were hand madw…there’s a mass-produced version coming out soon, EJ07m. $699 I think, but don’t trust my memory for either price.

2 Likes

I’m still new in the hobby, and the deep insertion method is the only one I can get a seal with, for now. Maybe I should try bigger tips…

Anyhow, I do agree it depends on the earphone: I think SSR, for example, is made for a deep insertion.

20210709_162721.jpg
20210709_163112.jpg
20210709_163238.jpg
20210709_163350.jpg
20210709_163447.jpg
20210709_163510.jpg

3 Likes

Interesting :thinking: look forward to you impressions :+1:

1 Like

I had to put them down after a few minutes…otherwise I wont get anywhere with the GS Audio GD3A review lol. :+1:

But from my very short impressions, it is definitely the LZ A6/mini (somewhere in between the A6 mini and the A6 in terms of timbre and uniqueness) of the headphone world. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

The driver backs/cups look like something from a Sci-Fi movie air extraction conduit…Alien stylee lol.

Yeah, it looks very futuristic to me.

Guess I can mention that this is going to be on-ear for probably 80% of you guys here. For me its somewhat in between on and over ear lol.

1 Like

me too, but despite what others say, it feels really comfy on my head

1 Like

maybe a little stretch to prevent big clamp and pad break-in is needed tbh

yeah, I did notice the clamp was a bit harder than on my other closed-back (Sony 1AM2). Well, I wont use it for a while because my schedule is full lol (GS Audio GD3A and GD11).

2 Likes

CP100+ fits the FD5 very well. No difficulty at all. The silicone tips felt kinda grip-y and it kinda stick a bit of the dust easily when I left it on my table overnight. Can still be easily clean so it’s no biggie.

Sound wise, the only thing I noticed easily are the background vocals and overall soundstage feels more… Pronounced? The vocals isn’t necessarily forward. It’s still a bit recessed as always but the details are somewhat better for me. By listening to Wendy’s ‘When This Rain Stops’, I could hear her vocal vibrato clear as day. It got me goosebumps.

Other than that, it’s mostly the same. Maybe the bass has better slam but I didn’t feel much difference. Good companion for the FD5 and my kpop music library!

2 Likes

Sennheiser seems to be having a 2 month discount sale on the IE 400 PRO and IE 500 PRO for pretty much almost half the price in my country. You guys might be seeing something similar from your own respective countries.

Was never interested in these iems due to mixed reviews and the crazy high price. Never really read much about the IE 900 either but it seems they have been sticking on single DD for a long time.

1 Like