RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Just listened to the KZ AST and will report that they sound quite meh. I feel their build quality is quite good. I was impressed when I held it in my hand. It felt substantial. The replay of music is just generally uninspired and dull sounding without going too far into detail.

I much prefer the Legacy 2 for around 100 bucks.

2 Likes

You might try burning them in as they change after 2-3 days of usage. I didn’t believe that but that happened with mine… Mine sounded as if it was muffled in the beggining.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll get them going right now.

1 Like

Maybe it was just my brain burning in, not sure. :slight_smile:

40 hour burn in, zero changes.

Well, gotta pray to the audio gods to bless your AST lol.

4 Likes

I did as when I got it out of the box and listened to it my first thought was that I had just wasted 100 usd as they sounded really muffled and as if all the sounds were merged together… :slight_smile:

This is kinda the way I’m feeling about the DQ6 right now. Not $100 but still, not finding myself interested enough to listen to them them over my BL-03. They just sound slightly more muffled and kinda meh compared to the Blon. Blon just feels more open, detailed, and natural, with more dynamic range. Gonna give them a little while longer but they might end up as a gift to somebody who needs a decent set.

1 Like

I picked up the DQ6 and the EDX, partially because they are cheep and also partially because I do think KZ does a better job sticking to dynamic drivers only… their BA tuning is just off.

I find the modded versions of the two to be complimentary sets. The DQ6 becomes a bass monster while the BL-03 is more balanced and natural-sounding in the mids. In their stock forms I think the DQ6 was actually the more detailed ones.

1 Like

Yeah like I said I’m going to give it some more time, but right now I’m just not finding the magic like the Blon has for me. I need to spend some more time listening to see if I can pinpoint and figure out what it is.

I don’t care about it one bit. Just wanted to try a KZ and now I have. :slight_smile:

Having fun doing some electrical modding on the Darkvoice tonight. Haven’t soldered anything in years. Love this. I should have become a welder or something. lol

5 Likes

Got in the smabat m2 pro today. Haven’t had a lot of time with them but they sound good so far and I think they’re very comfortable.

I was greeted by a piec eof rubber when I opened one of the units too look inside, which is unfortunate but doesn’t seem critical

@Rikudou_Goku you didn’t have any other tuning module thingies right? I did get this in the box, but it’s not on the packing list in the manual so no idea what to make of it.

2 Likes

Did you get the M2 Pro or the M2S Pro?

The one I reviewed is the M2S Pro and that one didnt have anything like that…

Fuck me… I ordered the m2 pro. Guess I’ll have to determine whether those are good myself then :P.

oof, sorry. From what I heard the M2S Pro is indeed better than the previous M2 Pro…

1 Like

Dammit, well they’ll have to do for now, I’m not going to order different ones right away. I prefer IEMs so they won’t be my daily drivers anyway.

yeah, that sounds good

@Rikudou_Goku have you tried any of the Astrotec Lyra offerings? Thoughts?

No I havent, I did ask for a unit but wont get one.

1 Like

I would like to recommend a VFM earbud, the Betron BS10. SIngle 12mm driver. Great overall sound, and currently £10.99 on Amazon. I’ve recommended these to quite a few friends to stop them using their stock phone earbuds, and every one of them has thanked me.