RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Oh well. Would be interested in your thoughts. The Lyra Nature Limited is gorgeous in gold and green but not $399 beautiful

Yeah, they do look good. Wont get more buds in a while though…especially since I still got 5 incoming lol.

1 Like

Have you got K’s LBBS? It’s bright neutral. I’m trying to figure out if it is revealing on bad recordings or just the sharper treble

I havent received it yet

1 Like

The long awaited review is finally done, GS Audio GD3A: GS Audio GD3A - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Budget-king for us consumers, the Apocalypse for the competition.

Star rating changes due to the Apocalypse:

IEM Before After
Audiosense DT100 4.5/5 3.5/5
Audiosense DT200 4.5/5 4/5
Blon BL-01 4/5 3.5/5
Blon BL-05 4/5 3/5
BQEYZ Spring 2 4.5/5 2.5/5
Dunu DM-480 3.5/5 2/5
Dunu EST112 5/5 4.5/5
Dunu Zen 4/5 3.5/5
Fiio FD5 5/5 4/5
Fiio FH3 5/5 4/5
Fiio FH5s 3.5/5 1.5/5
Final Audio E2000 3.5/5 2.5/5
Final Audio E3000 4.5/5 4/5
Final Audio F3100 2/5 1/5
Hisenior T2 4/5 2.5/5
Ibasso IT00 4.5/5 2.5/5
ISN D10 3.5/5 1.5/5
Jade Audio EA3 3.5/5 3/5
KBEAR KS2 3.5/5 3/5
Kinera Freya 3/5 1/5
LZ A7 5/5 4/5
Shozy Form 1.1 4.5/5 3/5
Shuoer Tape 4.5/5 4/5
Tansio Mirai TSMR-4 pro 2.5/5 2/5
ThieAudio Voyager 3 4.0/5 1.5/5
11 Likes

Wow, awesome review and this sound like an impressive set! So cheap and competing with much more expensive sets!

It is a shame the bass is not more present, for me at least, lol

2 Likes

A day later and I think they actually sound a bit better. They still sound pretty closed-in. I could actually use more treble/presence sparkle. They are quite dull & dark.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the included tips with the AST fit and seal me which is a literal miracle for included stock tips.

I didn’t even try the stock tips, went directly to Spinfit CP360 Large – i’ll try the stock ones to see if they work for me.

There are some tracks that the AST plays really nice (at least in my non-experienced evaluation), for example R.E.M’s Losing My Religion. But Alicia Keys’ No One is too boomy. If I listen to Gotye’s Somebody That I Used to Know, the female voice is really dull and behind. Armin Van Buuren’s Slow Lane has a very balanced presentation to me. Ed Sheeran’s Shape of You also plays nicely on the AST.

This one I haven’t heard in years until this week with the AST and I really enjoy the experience with them…

Another one from Depeche Mode:

Overall I enjoy the AST but in some tracks it just isn’t the right match. But the AST is my second IEM so I know nothing and have no real reference of what is top of the line or if maybe the AST is crap and I just find it awesome just out of ignorance. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nice review! Now if only @Rikudou_Goku reviews GS Audio ST8B and says it is amazing – better than Moondrop’s Blessing 2 – I’ll buy it in a heartbeat. :slight_smile:

Why no venting??? ARGH!

My 2 cents about the M2 (non-S) Pro so far.
I like the fit (same as the M2s AFAIK), I wear them over ear and they are very comfortable to me. There is sufficient bass for me, but not so much that it really stands out. I feel like there is a bit too much mid-bass perhaps. Overall I really like the tuning, it’s neutralish without anything weird going on. Electric guitars like on Still got the Blues by Gary Moore are sharp enough to show emotion, but I haven’t found them fatiguing in any song as of yet. Soundstage is decent but not spectacular, and the imaging is good but nothing to write home about, probably due to the not so spectacular details. Don’t get me wrong, they do plenty, but they definitely won’t get an S rank for technicalities and details by any reviewer.
I’ve only had the Moondrop Shiro Yuki and Yincrow X6 before. I prefer these by miles over the Shiro Yuki. Comparing to the X6 gets a bit trickier, I prefer the bass of the X6 and pretty much everything else on the M2 pro.
Still need to check out the tuning modules.
Like the cable by the way, haven’t measured it but I like it in terms of feel and looks.

1 Like

99% of all iems I heard wont satisfy you if the OH10 is the baseline lol.

Tanchjim Oxygen is already superior to the B2 lol.
But I sure am interested in the ST8B…too bad I am poor now.
Maybe I will try asking for a review unit rather than a discount since GS Audio seems to be very happy with my review (they told me they sent the review to their R&D team!)…since I doubt they be happy after my GD11 review lol.

I sent them some pictures on other iems with vents and they said they will forward it to their R&D team.
Who knows, maybe they will update or make new iems with vents.

3 Likes

The vent-less design may very well be benefiting their technical/tuning capabilities. I believe it is usually more difficult to allow for air flow and accurately tune the IEM, but a lot of this is conjecture.

I just sold-off the DUNU SA6 because of inner-ear pressure build up problems. For those of you that don’t have this issue with IEMs, I envy you a lot.

Delay the review of the GD11 until they ship you a review unit of the ST8B. lol

Well, the gd11 certainly sounds like it wasn’t tuned by the same guy so who knows…

At that price it would certainly be a big deal. Kinda a waste of money to spend on something you can’t use a lot.

1 Like

Lol, i also thought that.

But sadly the discount I got is the max they give. (30%)

1 Like

Would they provide this discount if I ask or that was just for you considering you were going to review it?

It’s originally their OEM discount. But I think they give reviewers that. So regular consumers most likely won’t get that.

Then I should wait for your review. :slight_smile:

Yeah, so far it’s 50/50 (GD3A = epic, GD11 = meh)

1 Like