RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Its close.

This is my thought too. I value different things when I am listening to electronic vs acoustic music for example, so as a result I have no target curve. I’d rather have flavor options.

Edit: I also want to add that at the same time I am a quality over quantity guy. I would rather own 2-3 excellent sets that I love that complement each other at the top of my budget, vs tons of different sets. Each person is different though so enjoy!

I agree. In theory, I want to be the guy with only a few complimentary sets.

Reality on the other hand…

7 Likes

1 Like

Was thinking on trying it out, but I guess not. :sweat_smile:

You could almost open a shop with that much inventory. Nice cases.

1 Like

Does it worsen driver flex?

Also can you test it on the DQ6?

Easy fix. Just keep purging. Then take that fat stack of cash and buy a couple more TOTL sets and see which ones are keepers. Then, if you haven’t already, start collecting watches and BOOM your cases will be filled again and your pockets will be empty.

7 Likes

I dont get driver flex normally, but with this mod it does appear.

Same effects here, although I dont think it necessarily needs more bass (quality also drops which I dont like, along with worse comfort due to more pressure build up), rather the peaks needs to be tamed.
Which is why the foam mod is better.

2 Likes

Some more info regarding GS Audio´s vents:

“Hi everyone, after reading every message carefully, I found that you are confused about the vent of the iems. In fact, our DD iems (like GD3 ) or BA earphones that need to increase air holes do have the air holes. Due to our strict requirements on the appearance of the earphones, we did not want to place the air holes in the common positions of the shell or the panel. The air hole is designed in the 0.78-2PIN socket part. Here are the 3D pictures they designed. After our rigorous testing, they play the same role as punching holes in regular positions, and have a more integrated appearance. And thank you everyone for your suggestions, we have a very high efficiency to experiment and improve, which will help us to do better”

1627048481602.png
1627048524755.png
1627048536191.png

Here are the pictures I took on the GD3A:

20210723_154344.jpg
20210723_154406.jpg

So they technically do have a vent, except it isnt meant to alleviate pressure build up.

2 Likes

If that is a FD5 with maybe less treble (with similar uppe-treble) and semi-open backed, then damn. It has potential…(although thats what I said about the FH5S lol)

3 Likes

Oh no, here we go again. I don’t know If I can live through my disappointment in the FD5 again, and if I can emotionally invest in a new FiiO IEM so short after the FH5s.
I still need to be disappointed by the GK10 and I need a bit of recovery time, so I hope it won’t arrive for a couple of months :stuck_out_tongue:.

There are a lot of iems coming out soon (after they have been shown at CIHE), probably next month I guess.

Since my package from the last sale is stuck in NL (thanks to the new EU import rules). Here is the ranking for the K´s Bell-WE (bass version).

A-
It is a mild V-shaped earbud, very similar to the Samsara K300 but worse in pretty much every aspect And sub-bass on the Samsara is a lot better. For something that costs more than the Samsara K300, it is quite disappointing. And in the current market (Smabat M2S Pro), this just can’t compete.

Damn thats bad news. Waiting on your impressions of the lbbs. I havent got time for buds to do a comparison, but i liked what heard so far!

Still stuck at NL. :sob: :sob: :sob:

Yeah know the feeling. My ry4s unstuck but now are stuck on my own country. Loving the new custom laws for sure… Also got an odyssey hd coming with my ra5 so i can do comparisons.

Curious thing, lbbs has been my only go to bud because of the confort. Fits like a glove in my ears, like no bud else… Do you know more bud models with this shape? (high end)

Check out the rest of the K´s buds.

Bell-TI series
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002512934235.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32983807186.html

DQ6 mod party. :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, that has aways been on my radar. Chacone is different, right?