RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Wow fantastic review @Rikudou_Goku! Might have to pop an order in for the LBBS now, very intriguing. Looking forward to the Faaeal reviews now even more, maybe more surprises instore :thinking:

Also looking at your rankings, would you recommend GS GD3A for someone who mostly listens to orchestral, jazz, OTSs? I am looking for something in the $100-150 for use in the office for only short listening periods(1-2hrs).

1 Like

Now I’m definitely grabbing one of these in the future

1 Like

I took my former favorites for a spin this morning, Yincrow X6 and CCA CSN, gosh are they fun.
I am surprised CCA CSN seemingly stayed under the radar. They are not dissimilar to foam-modded DQ6, with even more bass impact (albeit a tiny bit slower) and less treble extension, less detail, bit narrower stage. But for 13€ everybody should have one of these IMO. Well probably not if you already have a DQ6, so I understand @Rikudou_Goku lack of interest.
Both CCA CSN and Yincrow X6 deserve more traction.

1 Like

For iems, yeah it works. BUT, those (OST/Orchestral) are exactly the genres buds outclass iems with, so unless you need isolation/leak-preventage, the LBBS is perfect.

Yeah, was never interested in the CSN due to their typical driver setup. The 3dd setup in the DQ6 was interesting, thats why I got it.

Guess I wasnt wrong. :smiley:

5 Likes

I need the isolation because of the office :sleepy:

BUT I think you have convinced me with the LBBS too, so will get both… and the Iris 2.0 after you review them lol

2 Likes

Put on the buds and then some closed back headphones. :wink:

Using the 2.0 now, but everything sounds low-rez after the LBBS lol.

1 Like

use buds and cover them with Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. IMO their sound quality is overrated, but their ‘passive’ noise isolation is still topnotch till this day. And since it has detachable cables just remove them :laughing:

Wow what a review! @Rikudou_Goku Is the reviewer talking about your comparison to the BL03 and Oxygen at the end?

They sound pretty spot on with what I listen to, I will give them a shot, down side is waiting 6-8 weeks because of lockdown and limited flights into my country atm.

1 Like

Probably my comparison indeed.

LOL I should rite! But too lazy to carry extra set with me back and forth :cry:

To me, lbbs with full foams give very nice isolation for a bud. Not iem like, tho.

2 Likes

With the music up the LBBS isolates pretty well. Though I have done double takes on some sounds. I took out the buds and realized it was part of the sound tracks LOL

1 Like

(how I feel right now lol)

4 Likes

Found a review on the Bell-Blue:

1628182228113.png

(was a bit scared when I saw “female poison” being mentioned.)

1628182100515.png
1628182149899.png

Seems to be on a similar level to the Chaconne.

https://www.bilibili.com/read/cv5313780

1 Like

wow, just tried to fix the Bell-WE (bass version) with EQ and it actually worked!

Low-shelf: 80hz, Q: 0.6, Gain: 10db
Low-shelf: 300hz, Q: 0.6, Gain: -5db
High-shelf: 10 000hz, Q: 0,7, Gain: 3db
Preamp: -6db

Since both the Bell-WE and the LBB responded well to EQ. I tried to do the same for the LBBS, except that there was nothing to fix. So instead, I went full on basshead and gave it a:

Low-shelf: 80hz, Q: 1, Gain: 15db
preamp: -15db

:joy:

(although I say the Bell-WE (bass version) with the EQ sounds better than the basshead boosted LBBS.)
(nvm, the LBBS still sounds better than the Bell-WE even with a 15 db sub-bass boost lol)

1 Like

hahah, omg. @luizgarcia

Looks like I beat your bassheadness.

The LBBS can handle up to 25(!!!) db sub-bass boost before the quality drops like a stone.

4 Likes

LOL +25db?!?!?! You are the master of bassheadness.

1 Like

Then again, it is a pretty flat bass in stock. But VERY VERY VERY impressive that it can handle that much bass boost WITHOUT distortion! Heck, the Tin Hifi P1 cant even handle half that before the quality drops even more and that is a damn planar which is known for responding to bass boost well.

Go get it lol. Stock is rivaling a bud that is already the best transducer I have for vocal/acoustic music and this is pretty close but for 6x cheaper. And with EQ you can get a damn impressive bass for a bud.

1 Like