RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Lmao I was really keen for the 2.0. I liked the CE white and wasn’t expecting it to be topped, so will be good to read your impressions :grinning:

1 Like

Tips arrived. Will plug into my Blon-03 and Tripowin TC-01 :eyes:

Edit: I plugged them into the Tripowins (since their shell fits nicer compared to the Blons) and already, these ear tips feel similar to Dekoni’s memory foam tips in my ears. I have a habit of wiggling my ears, and stock silicone tips will irritate my ears. However, these tips have a smooth surface much like the Dekoni tips, and so my wiggling ears are not distracting.

Edit 2: cycling through my library and Sail - AWOLNATION… I don’t think I have never felt a bass rumble happen with IEMs with the Dekoni Tips… Also, the percussion in this song feels crispier, and the piano doing staccato feels like it’s pushing the air somehow.

Edit 3: Nothing for Free - Pendulum: I did AB testing between the Blon and the Tripowin this song. With the Dekoni tips, both IEMs sounded very similar to each other. I was under the impression that the Tripowin was a comfort upgrade to the Blon, but an overall side grade in sound performance. With these ear tips + this song however, the Tripowins end up sounding like the Blons, but more intense. If there’s a FR graph, I’m willing to bet the Tripowins have a pinch more bass and treble compared to the Blons. That small difference is like listening to music in a rave (Tripowin) vs listening on a couch at your home theater (Blon).

Conclusion: I bought the Dekoni tips because of my wiggly ears, but damn. Now that I stepped out of my shell, I think I have to look forward to tip rolling a new IEM now…

Music Mentioned:

2 Likes

I mean, going from the LBBS which is definitely competing in the 200-300 usd range, to a bud that costs like 7 usd. It is kinda obvious there will be (should be) a difference in quality. But the 2.0 is definitely a really good bud.

1 Like

After eyeing GD3A for a while now. I decided to trust you @Rikudou_Goku and finally made an order. Can’t wait to get my hands on them.

2 Likes

2021-08-06: Faaeal Iris 2.0 review: Faaeal Iris 2.0 - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Essentially like an Yincrow X6 with less bass and warmer tonality.
:+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the trust!

1 Like

Rankings for the other irises:

Ancestor = A
Grey = A-

1 Like

YINCROW X6 TRUE UPGRADE!!!

Yeah, you heard me. The true upgrade for the X6 has finally been found! It is by taking the K´s LBBS and applying this PEQ preset:

Low-shelf: 80hz, Q: 1, Gain: 15db
Low-shelf: 250hz, Q: 0.6, Gain: 2db
High-shelf: 7500hz, Q: 1, Gain: 1db
Preamp: -15db

With this preset, I say the tonally gets to like 99,99% of the X6. I went as far as listening to both buds (L = LBBS and R = X6, and vice versa) at the same time to confirm this.

Same ranking as the stock LBBS (S+), technicalities is a step down from the stock tuning, but it more than makes up for it with the tonality.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

8 Likes

What is the purpose of using a -15db preamp? Wouldn’t just turning down the volume overall do the same thing?

Basically: it prevents clipping when I am boosting the bass by 15db (technically 17db, but -15db is enough).

More info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/comments/fugckf/why_is_there_a_pre_amp_gain_in_all_of_the_eqs/

(of course, the downside with -15db in preamp mean that you will need a decent amp for it. Otherwise you might lack volume.)

blasphemy!! damnit i cant eq, keep searching

Already gave up finding one without EQ.

Why cant you use EQ though?

use case, use these at work, they don’t allow downloads but i think im gonna pick it up anyway, at least till the Chaconne

oh, so you arent using them on your phone or dap. Rip.

(sometimes I wish that you could “flash” an EQ preset onto the hardware itself lol.)

1 Like

iphone, waiting on stargate dongle, or usb dac amp for work computer, still great though

Neutron player is on IOS though.

https://neutroncode.com/buy

oh had no idea, ill get it and mess, nice thanks… but keep looking lol

1 Like

I will switch my focus back to iems. The LBBS is that good to me.

4 Likes

My condolences, soon you will have a case of tips, 15 IEMs and be discussing the subtle nuances of IEM A with X tip over IEM B with Y tip…

2 Likes

Enough said haha, still going Chaconne for that build but will be an interesting 3 way compare

1 Like