RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

+1 for HieGi, but keep in mind they are thick, but confortable.

1 Like

You got them? Damn, I actually don’t have any 3rd party foams lol.

Bought them as soon as I got into buds. I have a lot of stuff, too much money spent in a couple months… Damn.

Edit: just realized I could have sent u more stuff on the mail package >_>

3 Likes

@Resolution @Ohmboy

(some anime also have references to the audio world.)

3 Likes

Is it him from Head-FI???

1 Like

Hahaha :joy:

The stone reference is this:
https://audiophile.rocks/obscurumultima.html

1 Like

Ha ha, I’ve seen this before. Earphones are a big deal in Asian culture?

Yeah, probably because a lot of people use public transport from/to work/school.

1 Like

Lots of people in a small area and a culture of not wanting to generally bother the people around you… probably.

3 Likes

Makes sense.

I know of Japanese culture, but earphones/headphones are probably the same as the western world. Commuting, yeah, but outside the big cities commuting isn’t like what most people think.

Now stereo stuff… that’s a big deal, especially vintage gear. I lived (and will in the future) in a small-ish city and those second-hand shops were drool worthy with the equipment they had. Even had custom-made tube speaker amps. The city even had a small DIY/custom-order stereo shop where they’d build you custom speakers with high-end parts like Fostex drivers. The fuck?!

3 Likes

Other countries big cities, yes… but I have been to multiple cities in the US where someone was using a portable speaker on a bus…

Europe and Asia, people tend to have more courtesy (or sense) then in the US.

Edit.

Also that is amazing. I will have to checkout more audio stores next time I am over there, the computer stores were where I spent most of my free time.

Sort of true, but there’s always shitheads. I’ve got grievances of Japan the same as America, maybe not as many.

Audio stores in Tokyo/Osaka, Japan are surely worth checking out, some of the best in the world! But they tend to focus on Low/Mid-fi and Summit-fi in many cases. Great stores to audition headphones/IEMs, then great stores for higher-end stuff. I’ve auditioned Stax and whatnot on some of the best equipment at the time. It’s also a great way to audition Japanese-made gear as Japan really values Japanese products. Like at one small headphone store, I think they had the whole lineup (at that time) of Final gear up for audition with written staff comments and recommendations for music.

1 Like

Thank you @Rikudou_Goku for recommending and advising me on picking up the GS Audio GD3A! They are perfect for what I listen to(classical, osts, jazz). So far the only negative is the pressure build up as you said.

Btw I asked to have the shell changed as I preferred my set to have a darker tinge. No other reason, not even aesthetically related and the team was super helpful assisting me with that.

My attempt at replicating @Resolution … and failing lmao

10 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku hey bro in your sheet under fit style in the ear bud tab, you mention “diagonal” what exactly are you meaning by that?

1 Like

ahhh thank you

1 Like

Speaking of buds, today I received LBBS.
I just had a few minutes with them, to check that everything is alright. Well, everything is mega, except the lack of a case.
They fit me great, straight or over the ear. So anybody having problems with MMX500 shells falling out of their ears, like I have, should be just fine with LBBS.
I wear them over-ear with the hooks provided, the bud itself gently pushed forward at the entry of my ear canal. Semi in-ear you could say, but very comfortable.
Early impressions it sounds like listening to high quality speakers in your room. I don’t think I will need as huge a bass shelf as Riku’s EQ, maybe because of my “semi in-ear” wear.
Very impressive first contact.
Thanks a lot for the recommendation @Rikudou_Goku :+1:

7 Likes

Mine are on “cleared customs” since 28.8. Hope I’ll get them soon :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Looks like I am not the only one waiting on packages. My Sundara has “arrived at airport of destination” since 08/29 without further updates.

3 Likes