RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

HA, yeah that was dumb :joy:. I bought “amateur” edition

4 Likes

Blasphemy!!!

Seriously, glad you enjoy it :slight_smile:

If you don’t need the modular system’s flexibility of the “Pro” cable, then you can get cables off of Riku’s google doc for far less then the price difference that measure just as well and feel a lot more professional in materials used then the “Pro” cable’s kinda cheap feeling plastics used.

The only other benefit is the IMHO much better color scheme of the FD3 pro, but that might just be me.

I also really like the FD3, though it is a lot more situational then other IEMs I have.

I have the FD5 and loved it. The iem also happened to fit me like a champ and I’m able to use it for long hours compared to others who had fitting problems with it. With my new DAC/AMP, I’m able to enjoy it even more and realized the FD5 is much more capable with better gear.

They’re getting bad rap just due to questionable product marketing and cherry picking favorable reviewers.

If you like the sound of the FD3, go for it and praise it! Share why you like it! No one here is gonna judge how you like the sound of your iems. It’s not like we all have the same musical taste here :joy:

You’ll definitely see no nonsense criticism and opinions here as well because we are here to share our honest experiences with our gear and also help to the best of our abilities to recommend for those in need of advices.

If this is your first time here or rarely come here, Welcome to the forums! :grin:

I prefer the FH3 still.

Your “amateur” is actually the “smart” version. I was the dummy that bought the “pro” version hoping the cable was as nice as the FD5 or the FH5s. It’s not even close. Your FD3 will sound just as “pro” as mine. You’ll just have more cash in your pocket.

5 Likes

This. (or get the money and buy a nice Xinhs cable :person_shrugging:)

2 Likes

Looks like I might get them today as they’re released… :+1:

Right in time for the weekend… :partying_face::sunglasses::tada:

EDIT: Argh… Apparently released from customs too late to make the “daily delivery round” it seems… :lying_face:

2 Likes

What headphone has a similar sound signature of ksearphone LBBS?

uhhhh, no clue.

Probably an open-back rather than closed-back at least but I have no clue after that…

1 Like

1MORE EO320
20210903_145717.jpg
20210903_145943.jpg
20210903_150221.jpg
20210903_150304.jpg

1more E1008
20210903_150521.jpg
20210903_150808.jpg
20210903_150947.jpg
20210903_151028.jpg

Also got the RY4S 300 ohm mmcx and a hidizs bud

Massive thanks to @nymz for sending these out to me.

6 Likes

Guys, after listening to LBBS for a while and going back to IEMs, do the latter sound like too much v-shaped ? Like some things in the mids are not there anymore ? Bass and treble artificially enhanced ?
I am feeling lost. Like GD3A don’t sound the way they sounded 2 days ago. I know from graphs they are v-shaped but they sounded so balanced before. I am all over the place :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Np bro, enjoy them!

1 Like

Welcome to earbuds anonymous. We’ve cookies. Now do you have some minutes to talk about getting more earbuds? :rofl:

2 Likes

This is why going from buds to iems and vice-versa is a bad idea IMO. :joy:

5 Likes

So what do you do guys ? You look for flatter FR IEMs ? Or just enjoy different flavours.
Is flatter more “audiophile” ?

Man I am trying hard to space up between audio purchases :joy:

I just try to not go from buds to iems instantly lol.

Even the Tanchjim Oxygen sounds V-shaped after I have listened to the LBBS.

Hmmm… Ok.
I suppose LBBS, after adding some bass shelf, reminds me most of a speaker system. So my brain remembers my teens and study years blowing up my stereo, and easily “defaults” to that bud presentation. It sounds more natural to me.

Hidizs (unnamed bud): Sounds like a more bloated and darker Monk Lite with zero technicalities and a “radio-like” sound. The cheap plastic is also stabbing me ears and feels like it should be worth a few cents or something….

Did Penon seriously send this as a “gift” to you @nymz for buying the Tansio Mirai Land (600 usd iem)? Like W T F???

RY4S 300-ohm version:
V-shaped, with a somewhat peaky/unrefined treble. Recessed mids, bass is decent in quality at least but doesn’t have that much quantity. Timbre isn’t good and technicalities aren’t good either.

2 Likes

Are those xiaomi pistons rebranded???