RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Most first impressions seem good despite the graph. But first reviewers have been very quick, and have different taste than you. It will be interesting to have your impressions and thorough review.
I might get mine in the coming days, and am still in discovery mode for different signatures and driver types so I am very curious.

1 Like

The bass into the mids look kinda not great… but for the $20 or so I spent it will at least be different then any other IEM I have. It also doesn’t look quite as bad as the GK10 in that respect either.

1 Like

KZ´s NRA:

1630924660564.png

Guess they didnt wait to get more feedback from the NRA alpha testers lol.

Not even a month since the NRA released I believe.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Is CCA KZ’s testing brand? With KZ picking and choosing what they think did well from what CCA releases.

Edit

Also the Kato looks interesting.

Oh shit, I like that graph. A lot. (golden)

2 Likes

In the past, CCA usually hada more balanced tuning, while KZ was the V-shaped ones. Other than KZ fans, CCA was the more popular one I believe (remember the KZ ZS10 Pro and the CCA C10?).

3 Likes

Got my LBBS’ and the R5 Saber today… :+1:

I think my ear canals might be a tad too tight for the LBBS’ as they sound very bass light.

I get a lot more thick sound when pressing them into the ears.

Weird things is I don’t have that issue with the X6’s.

They sound a lot thicker/meatier.

Might also just be a matter of trying different foams?

Currently using the full ones that came with them.

1 Like

@DrWilken have you tried Riku’s PEQ ?

1 Like

They are definitely bass light compared to the X6. (in stock)

1 Like

Nope, haven’t tried EQ.

Don’t really want to be switching between EQ settings with the amount of gear I have but if I can handle it easily somehow on the R5 I will (or maybe only for the LBBS - i.e. “LBBS” or off)… :slightly_smiling_face:

OK. It just seems like they sound a lot better with a tiny change so maybe I can try with a rubber/silicone ring on them or something.

To my ears, they don’t need extra bass if press on them slightly… :wink:

2 Likes

You can also try different wearing techniques, I believe @Rikudou_Goku has taken photos of 2 or 3 possibilities in the past, but can’t remember when and where.
Straight low, diagonal, over ear…
Rubber rings beware they can obstruct back vents.

2 Likes

Got it… :+1:

Using diagonal for the X6’s.

It seems it works better for me wearing them over-ear (tried it just before You suggested it).

Thinking I might want to try the included rubber “wire guide” thingy too?

Ah, You’re right. That might be a problem… :wink:

Apologies for bad focus

3 Likes

Thanks… Much appreciated… :+1:

That’s how I’m wearing them now though without the hook/guide.

Might just be a matter of getting used to a different sound signature?

I’ll do a bit of “brain burn-in” and see where it takes me… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You can also try to add one donut foam on top of a full foam, and see if that lessens a bit of bass leakage.
For me, I need EQing but will try to lower that bass shelf as I am adapting to… What do you call that sound signature ? Mid-centric ?

1 Like

Going from the X6 to the Smabat M2s pro and (subsequently) the LBBS, there’s definitely some brain burn-in to be had. I honestly feel like both the M2s pro and LBBS are upgrades to the X6, but slightly divergent; M2s pro (default driver/filter) are more V-shaped where the LBBS is more neutral, but not without extension. Definitely keep playing around with fit and give it some time.

3 Likes

Thanks guys… :+1::wink:

1 Like

GS Audio has published a comparative FR graph for GD5 and GD3A/B. Any idea how GD5 might sound ?
I am unsure wether that graph has been normalized at 40 Hz or 3k-ish but I find it puzzling.

Someone has taken the leap on AE.

3 Likes

GD5 looks more balanced, less V-shaped.

Next time you should ask them to “normalize at 1khz”.

1 Like