RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

This is his reply to me…

“Sorry you feel that way. My point in this video is that blind testing makes it very difficult to tell the difference, but more casual, longer term listening reveals clear differences when we’re not pushing our auditory system to find differences so much as just experiencing the music. As I explained in this video, my wife and I (with no discussion along the way or before the test) both described the same sonic characteristics for each cable so there is a sonic influence. I stand by my review of the AQ cables and still use the Coffee cable to this day. There’s no trickery at play, just open and honest sharing of the experiences as I try to understand the differences between the cables.”

“blind testing makes it very difficult to tell the difference” Because there is none!

Glad you’re happy with your set up? What about the AudioQuest Carbon having no impact on the sound vs a cheap Amazon Basics cable??? You shilled the hell out of the Carbon cable in your article!

That’s not what you eluded to in your USB shill article.

3 Likes

First impressions for Prism:

I’ve been banned from posting messages or replying to any messages on Passion for Audio’s You Tube page.

Probably the thanks I get for being a long time subscriber.

4 Likes

Review time!!! :heart:

If you give the sundara the thumbs up, I will probably order it instantly. Your reviews have been bang on for me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

My xinhs cable just came in and I can see why you love them, not gonna lie I would buy the case for the same price as the cables. This ups my expectation for cable so much I don’t think I can find anything like this anywhere

8 Likes

Xinhs is the man. Congratz

1 Like

So far it’s not going to well.

Did two videos and actually the right driver sounds broken when turning the volume up.

This is their response so far:

Updated:

3 Likes

If it doesn’t work out, just go here. Ali will refund you. How the shop and Ali figure the rest out is between them.

okay

3 Likes

Keep pushing mate! They can’t expect you to keep a faulty item with a $5 discount, what a joke.

LBBS is awesome, and hope it hasn’t turned you off it. Keep us updated :+1:

2 Likes

Will do. Have used that before with success.

It hasn’t. I’ll keep pushing and if/when I get a refund I’ll buy from NiceCHK.

If they send me a new unit it’s all good… :wink:

3 Likes

When you buy from NiceHCK always chat with them first. they ALWAYS give you discount somehow. Almost like they waiting for you to ask :rofl: :rofl: Only shop I’ve encountered that does that on Ali.

3 Likes

I will, dont know when though. NRA, Timeless and Bravery are all incoming (they are higher priority IMO, since they are new, while there are tons of reviews on the Sundara already).

1 Like

Anyone bought this btw? I wonder what earbud you can get for ($50) 20 chances? :rofl:

Avoid. It’s a bad one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This was the video for which they said “the problem is not obvious” :smiley:

(direct link so it’s unlisted):

I’d say though it’s not excellent quality it’s pretty obvious that the right speaker distorts a lot (only noticed when increasing the volume to a level above what I would usually listen to which is not very high)…

This is the other video where I play a frequency sweep:

It might not be audible but it was/is when playing it even on my phone where I recorded it.

If I had an IEM mic (don’t remember the one You guys use) it would be easier to show them the graphs, but IMO there’s no discussion when hearing how the right speaker distorts at higher volumes.

1 Like

The one we use wont work for buds. You need something with a fake ear.

Something like this probably.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000918347575.html

1 Like

Yeah, no… :smiley:

Not spending that much to prove a point :smiley:

1 Like

Earbuds graphs arent as reliable either…slight change in position = change in FR…

1 Like

Makes sense and that’s also obvious when listing to them… :wink:

1 Like

Hifiman Sundara Impressions (with PEQ):

PEQ preset:
Low-shelf: 80hz, Q: 0.7, gain: 5.5db

Low-shelf: 200hz, Q: 0.6, gain: 2db

High-shelf: 10 000hz, Q: 0.7, gain: 1.5db

EQ is needed for me because it lacks too much bass quantity in stock for my library, it is fine if your library doesn’t need that much bass (acoustic/vocal music).

1631110628784.png

(this is how I felt in stock lol.)

Sub-bass: extension is pretty good and there is some rumble. Elevated and well textured so it is fun but very clean due to the speed/tightness.

Mid-bass: slightly elevated and gives the overall tonality some warmth while it is clean due to the speed/tightness.

Male vocals: slightly forward, natural and very good tonality that is also clean and detailed.

Female vocals: slightly forward, natural and excellent tonality that is very clean and detailed.

Treble: well-tuned, not peaky but still lots of details, clarity and air.

8 Likes