RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Great.
What are you going to put in your ears tonight, after a tough day ?

NRA is in my ears now, maybe I could be done with the review today lol. Dont have much to say about it…

Although to be clear, I had 2 scenarios in mind for it before I got it.

1. Tape killer, super high expectations.

2. Utter disaster, with banshee treble and omega bloated bass.

Turns out it was neither of them lol.

2 Likes

2021-09-12: CCA NRA review: CCA NRA - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

NRA being CCA/KZ´s first iem that utilizes something other than a DD/BA is actually not the utter disaster (nor the budget killer) I was imagining. But that is all it is, there are other iems in the same price range that are a lot better than it (03/DQ6) that I would recommend ahead of it. Which means I cannot recommend it, other than to sate your curiosity and being a paying alpha tester.
Since it’s under a month of its release and KZ has announced their version of the NRA already, being the ZEX.

4 Likes

Wow, that bad ! Almost Periodic Be bad :flushed:

lol, Be is at D. Doesnt look good for something at around 14x more expensive.

1 Like

Is there any news about a vented GD3C?

KZ ZEX
giggles

Haven’t heard anything.

1 Like

Hey @Rikudou_Goku will you get either the “1+2” or the “1+4” iem from XINHS?

Not interested, the graph also doesnt look good for me.

1 Like

Well, I am a bit embarrassed to admit that CCA NRA offer the best replay I have heard yet on part of my library. On Amon Amarth for instance, they leave nothing to be desired.

That being said, on vocal-centric or acoustic instrument sometimes they suck, sometimes they’re passable. Because of unnatural timbre on those occasions.

I may be blessed with cheap ears.

Your wallet is blessed for sure.

4 Likes

So, I got the Blessing 2 and Honeydew about 2 weeks ago. I’m really liking the Honeydew as a “fun/bassy” IEM but I’m not sure about the Blessing 2. My biggest complain is shouty ear piercing female vocals, not sure if it’s the tips (tried a lot of them, mostly generic ones). The second issue would be Bass, it’s very weak, sounds less elevated than Aria (better quality though). Even using xBass does not help much.

Suggestions for alternatives at the same price?

I’m guessing Mangird Tea would be one. I don’t wanna loose the soundstage, Imaging and details the Blessing 2 can deliver. Another one I’m considering would be the FD5 but I’m worried about it’s tonality (did not like FH3, liked Aria). LZ A7 is not available here. Thanks for any suggestions.

@John7592jdys 7hz timeless

2 Likes

Do you plan on working as a software developer after that? Be ware you will end up working with some weird people if that is the case, such as myself :crazy_face:

1 Like

Unavailable here.

What are the genres you listen to?

Same here, I took the aliexpress route.

You kinda answered yourself. Teas have the stage and imaging, you won’t lose that, but you’ll lose the feeling of detail due to b2 tuning. There’s no way around it, even if they fit your preferences.

Timeless is a great rec and the only other alternative, since detail is there without sweating much due to planar driver.

Avoid FD5 if you didnt like piercing female vocals, imo.

I would recommend getting tips and rolling them I am listening to Dusk with Spinfit 155 and they sound great on female vocals Then if that does not help the Teas be fine I am sure This is Dusk not old guard Blessing 2 . I just make sure your getting most out of the Blessings before throwing them out with the bath water.

3 Likes