RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Thanks! :raised_hands: I was kinda leaning towards the yellow/gold myself too. Copper just seems… too boring, or safe I guess. :thinking:

Yeah, copper might not match well with red I think.

You can take a look here:

1 Like

I work too much with color pallets. :rofl: Pulled the colors and dropped them here.

Looks good, bit unique. But at least it looks better than the X6 with the stock yellow cable–which always seemed like too off-yellow/gold to me. :thinking:

https://coolors.co/e8d056-d3091d-f4da69

2 Likes

Just going to ask but do we have any TWS users here? :thinking:

Because well…I ordered the FiiL T1 Lite on someones review request…

1 Like

I have used a bunch of TWS buds. Mostly the cheaper ones since non easily replaceable small capacity batteries will die.

You mean stuff with the airpods shape?

AirPod shape ones and also more standard IEM shaped ones.

I see, what are your thoughts about those vs wired?

Blasphemy? :joy:

Convenience wise TWS > Ear hook TWS > single BT cable Wireless > wired to small BT device like the BTR5.

This is assuming no paring issues.

Sound it wholly depends.

2 Likes

Still paranoid about losing one of the units with no wires in between lol.

1 Like

I have kinda done that when one fell out and rolled under a parked car. I just removed the other and cranked the volume to the max and found it pretty quick.

Some of the nicer ones have location service apps in case you lose them.

yeah…that is scary…

Saw someone lose one of his airpods in the bus lol.

I’ve got a taste for TWS. Not exactly for sound quality, but use-case scenarios.

I’ve got a pair of IEM-type for when I workout. And an Earpod-style ported earphone type for when I need something to casually listen to–I grab these when I head out to do stuff.

There’s a few common issues with TWS in terms of audiophilia. Overall SQ, sure. Lots of TWS use DSP correction with varying success with can make or break a good pair. Some of them can sound very tinny, like Anker. There’s common amp imbalances so you get whitenoise. My biggest gripe is fit and ergonomics.

3 Likes

For working out they are hard to beat.

For low cost ones I like Soundpeats. Found them years ago when TWS generally was not a great experience. I still use their AirPod clones the TrueAir 2 from time to time.

I use TRN T300 during work outs or commuting, they are absolutely great in noisy environments due to their generous bass shelf, treble is safe with poor extension but clean. Mids are just ok, technicalities meh.
Great fit, great battery life, easy to connect with BT 5.2, resilient connexion, great case.

Have I praised them enough ? They got me into chifi after my Creative died, and I am looking for their “hi-res” wired counterpart without success to this day.

1 Like

When BT 3.0 was still the main tech you used to have to pair one bud to your device then turn on the second one and pair it to the first… assuming that the connection worked in the first place. BT 5’s simultaneous pairing is a god send for TWS.

Well it is more the BT 5 chipsets then the actual BT spec to thank for simultaneous paring.

Damn, thats ancient lol.

I had a BT headset that used a AAA battery.

It was a single ear Motorola earpiece/headset can’t remember the name, but it was back when BT was not a given on flip phones.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

That must have been pretty heavy/thick?

SoundPeats is the brand I rec. :rofl: I’ve got the TrueAir 2 and TrueEngine 2 (which have a very unique fit, but are perfect for me). Hard to beat Soundpeats for price and performance, IMHO.

1 Like