RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Hiby has just released an LDAC-compatible TWS set with two flavours to choose from : single DD or dual BA with adjustable crossover.

It’s called the WH2.
But on the go AptX is fine really.

2 Likes

I have a few:

• KZ S2 - Well the fit/seal is great so they’re my go to when mowing the lawn… :grin:
  • CCA CX10 - Also good fit/seal. Using those for calls on my work phone… :grin:
  • EarFun Free Pro Oluv Edition - These are actually pretty good and are nicely tuned. Nothing amazing but I still use them fairly often and actually own two pairs as they’re limited edition (bought an extra set in the second round)

I have been looking at the Hiby WH2 (dual BA or DD) as I could use UAT with my Hiby R5s, but I’m unsure if they’re any good.

Also been eyeing the MoonDrop Sparks as I seem to like they’re “house sound” (I enjoy the Arias).

Just got the Hiby WU1 (LDAC/UAT neck “pendant” Bluetooth IEM DacAmp) which seems to pair well with the Arias.

It’s almost as handy as being completely wireless but UAT seems to not like the smallest amount of interference.

LDAC/UAT (stable) + nice comfort/fit + great tuning + decent battery life in a TWS would be a win for me for all the times when I just don’t want any wires getting in the way… :nerd_face:

EDIT: Just found out that there’s also a hybrid Hiby TWS Earbud with adjustable crossovers they might fit the bill for me:

2 Likes

Looks like I wont get hanged for buying a tws then. :joy:

3 Likes

Not by me… :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Whatever works… :nerd_face:

2 Likes

oh hey

Guess the bird will be free soon.

5 Likes

If only my “dealer” didn’t make finding a “better” DD IEM a lot harder. UM has some amazing tuners working for them if even their “budget” option is this good.

3 Likes

There is also a budget softears iem coming soon.

1 DD + 2 BA I believe. Since this is Softears, I guess the price is around 300 usd lol.

2 Likes

I love the looks, but since I found detail and sharp treble without any discomfort… hybrids do not interest me at all any more. Maybe BA just was not ment for me.

Could be, but have you heard any BAs from Sonion or Sony?

1 Like

I think mainly knowles and whatever junk KZ was using.

Nope. Still have xm4 or buds pro on cart.

Yeah, I wouldnt write BAs completely off if you havent tried Sonion/Sony BAs.

1 Like

The Tea still has knowles, so maybe I will give the soft ears a chance if it is only sonion or Sony then. One final chance.

Yeah im about to get some “budget” softears myself :joy: :joy:

I think Softears uses their own BA. From what I have heard though, they are tuned quite similarly to the Sonion ones (focusing on a natural timbre rather than how typical BAs sounds like) at least on the RSV.

1 Like

oh, doesnt look too bad for something so old from KZ.

2 Likes

Speaking of which, do you know a nice IEM with a similar FR as T300, except for the bass obviously - bass more in line with @Rikudou_Goku target ?

I think I dig everything past 1,5k I mean that 2-4k plateau then 5-6k dip, elevation post 8k.

LZ A2 Pro seems close but that pinna gain is huge. And no credible review yet ?

A2 Pro doesnt look good.

DQ6 might look a bit similar?

I own a pair of those myself, they’re the little shits that got me into the IEM rabbit hole. And imo they’re hard to beat for their price especially if you’re looking for something more affordable and basic while also getting decent sound quality. Also just be aware that they have oval shaped stems, so tip rolling may be limited depending on your collection

Also the global app from the playstore doesn’t support the Lite but someone on the XDA forums modded the chinese version that does support the Lite into english, though voice prompts will still be in chinese

1 Like

Oh he got them ? Absence of review is a bad sign then. That 2k mountain…

And yeah I love DQ6 except for the rather slow bass and 5k peak.