RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Its fine, but the LZ A7 for example would sound cleaner.

1 Like

1 Like

SA6 :love_you_gesture: send me one

This video had a sound demo of the IE300. After watching it I’m not super convinced, it seems too v shape and too warm. The O2 for acoustic however…:heart_eyes:

Awesome review as always man!

I have to say i am a bit disappointed with the Falcon Pro, i had high hopes for this one :frowning:

2 Likes

Geez i may have to get me one of these, lol

It is quite a fun IEM that gives a different sound to a single DD. Honestly for the money it is hard not to recommend having in a collection for the different sound alone.

4 Likes

30 bucks just do it.

3 Likes

I actually found it for CAD$28 here:

Just ordered one :metal:

Btw, i am also negotiating on an used UM 3DT, hope i get it!

8 Likes

I turned down Falcon Pro’s order. Timbre and tonality for metal, but very very weak technical parameters. I won’t like it. Thanks for the review of Rikudou_Goku! I think my wallet will have to cry and go to Zen Pro. A few days ago I wrote that if the Falcon Pro is so good, it won’t cost that much and everyone still said it was a troll. :))) I was right again - “you get what you pay for”. Few IEMs outperform their price range. DUNU is not one of them !!!

5 Likes

No my business buuut, since you seem to want mest and only listen to metal, shouldnt you just save a lil bit more and bite it? Its a big difference, but zen pro is already 900…

1 Like

Yes. And I plan to do that. I will wait 11.11. If there is no promotion I will buy them at a regular price. Cheap kits do not satisfy me because I am already used to good IEMs. I will listen to F7 while buying MK2. :wink:

Just dug out the IE300’s again as I haven’t tried them with the L&P W2. There’s a definite improvement over last time I used them with the HipDac and/or SXFI Amp. On a side note I find them hard to drive with the W2, high gain and 55+ volume to really get the best from them without being too loud of course.

However, I’m still not totally convinced by them. I’ve been using full-BA sets ever since and the IE300’s sound slow in comparison. It’s a more rounded, softer edged, cosier sound with a noticeable mid-bass boost.

They are detailed but they don’t resolve the detail so easily, you have to listen harder to hear it than with my Aonic 5’s say but nothing is missing.

Voices aren’t that recessed as I had remembered but if there’s a lot of bass in the track the mids can feel distant. Sibilance also wasn’t an issue this time around either which was nice.

Soundstage and imaging are very good and I can’t tell much difference between them and my Aonic 5’s. They are quite 3D like with good depth and height also. They feel (literally) a lot better when there is out-of-phase sound (the type that goes around and into your head) than my Aonic 5’s, the 5’s can feel strange, it’s difficult to put to words.

The biggest weird thing for me is that instrument presence or hierarchy can be out of order. Where piano should take priority you may find bass or drums will compete too much. It throws you off a bit. This isn’t too common though.

The fit and overall build quality and package is nice. I really want to like them as they feel luxurious.

I’m stsrting to enjoy these especially if I use them as a fun use case and not a reference or analytical set. Just a set to enjoy music without thinking about it.

1 Like

Yeah, me too. Not buying. I hoped for better technicalities of falcon.
Not worth to upgrade from my fd5 according comparison Rikudou_Goku made. Thanks him for this. Saved my wallet at this moment.
Even for metal/rock good tuning is only one part of image and without good tehnicalities it is like good painting made without colours. And Falcon technicalities seems like the weakest part of it. Perhaps for mainstream usual listeners it is not so big problem. But guys here are not so forgiving :smile:

4 Likes

This is one lightweight headphone alright.

6 Likes

I have one like it. Mine is a closed back and I used it for gaming. The cups are red.

I do not enjoy the headband thingys…

I found an online picture of it…

812oSykt7DL.AC_SX425

That is probably an older model. The ehm…head-pipes (doesnt look like a band to me lol) is different from the metal headband on the R70x, its more like how it is on their AD lineup.

1 Like

I don’t use it anymore. It’s hanging on the rack of shame in a closet with all the other unworthy headphones I have. I only used it for gaming. I bought it before I really got into collecting audiophile headphones.

Just sharing.

I thought the headband might be amazing but I hated it. Horrible design IMO.

I’m looking forward to your impressions.

Look what I just dug up! Closet of shame!

2 Likes

Man, Audio Technica has been using that suspension type for ages! Even as far back as the ATH-Axxx line (these are my ATH-A700 from ~2005-6?). Pretty medicore closed backs, but MAN do they have a pretty colorway! It also has a special place in my heart as the first pair of “Hifi” headphones I ever bought, basically what got me into this hobby. I always found that suspension system to be comfy and unobtrusive, but it always fees like it might not be totally secure on the top of the head.

1 Like

…tbh…before I knew anything…I actually…bought a gaming headset.
kazuma-konosuba

Yeah, I fell for that “gaming” scam…

(It was the Corsair Void USB headset…with RGB…)

It is banished into the void forever…

(my upgrade to that headset isnt that good either…it was the Audio Technica M50X.)

oh, well, the R70X comfort is probably the most comfortable headphone I own.

In due time, Timeless and Bravery first.

4 Likes