RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Nice, I will expect your impression about them, mods are also welcomed :metal:

Thanks for reviewing these hifiman creatures, as always so nice to read these detailed reviews. I knew you will like sundara and review shows that. They deserve good words and they are my favorite headphone too from what i have. To step from them you will need realy not small money so they really could be end game for anyone. And as iem guys many here are - better put money on good iem.

3 Likes

I love your Sundara review: very well documented and precise. The tables you use when comparing 2 headphones are really convenient to summarise the strengths and weaknesses.

2 Likes

Well done @Rikudou_Goku

3 Likes

Got the A14 cable, a bit bendy like Yinyoo cables, good texture, quite thick and heavier than typical 8 cores, the ear hooks are a bit…off I would say? It doesn’t sit comfortably on my ears, might have to cut them off. Oh well, you get what you paid for, and at least it’s better than the stock cable on DQ6.

2 Likes

Interesting, I don’t have any issues with them. Ear hook isn’t properly bent or what?

That was the case, the left ear hook was bent towards outside not inside. I would blame the packaging though, the cable got stuffed in there improperly.

Sorry to hear that, that sucks. This cable is absolutely an overkill for the lightweight DQ6 and I love it lol

I agree, its shell is pretty big yet somehow light, even with 3 DDs config.

Hair dryer will do mate

Nah I prefer no hooks with heavy cables :sunglasses:

You warrior :grinning:

I ordered the EP-EX11 from that store on Aliexpress you also got them. Did you also order from Amazon JP? From customer pictures on Ali they seem to be legit when compared to pictures from AmazonJP.

1 Like

Yup, sorry I didn’t update my previous post…

Anyway these are the tips side by side

Ali (Aliexpress) - JP (Amazon JP)

There are some differences between them…

2 Likes

Just finished my latest project, custom kbear rhyme cable for the Audeze LCD-X. Freaking Mini XLR plugs were a pain to solder but it was worth it.

Now the bass slams harder, the stage is bigger, the treble is sharper, i got richer and i am 2" taller!!!

LOL just kidding it sounds exactly the same, as it should :crazy_face:

Seriously now, i love the looks and how well behaved this cable is though. Also the length is much better for my use. Gotta love a $20 cable on a $1200 headphone.

BTW this is the A7 cable in @Rikudou_Goku’s rank

7 Likes

Thanks!!! Any difference in how the silicone feels and also in the sound?

Yup, slightly softer the ones from Aliexpress… But maybe cuz they are old… I’ve been using them for 3 to 4 months.

Unfortunately… I can’t use any IEMs these days… So I can’t tell.

1 Like

What happened? :no_mouth:

I’ve got a set that are like 10 years old, and have been using them since most that time, and they feel the same as newer ones, :joy: Probably just Ali knock-offs being knock-offs.

1 Like

I have an inner ear Infection :expressionless:

4 Likes