RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Hahahahahha genius idea.

LBBS + Parts express headband = deeper insertion :rofl:

https://giantpygmy.net/shop/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product

6 Likes

:exploding_head:

5 Likes

putting some blu tack might make it more secure and shouldnt leave anything behind if you decide to remove it.

Ngl it would look hideous if you go outside wearing with it.

Dont worry, I wont. :rofl:

Zero isolation after all.

1 Like

Kinda brilliant, I should try it and see if helps with my discomfort issues.

1 Like

Teas.

Ups wrong thread

:laughing: sorry not sorry

What about that silicone trick for pseudo-CIEMs? That should probably work for seal and isolation

Silicone trick? Enlighten me. :pray:

I think what he means is using ear safe moldable silicone to make pseudo ciems by encasing the bud in silicone.

Yeah, like what Nerf said, using DIY custom silicone earplug kits to encase the buds so they seal

Here’s a vid showing the process for UIEMs

Probably gonna have to be conscious about vents etc, but it should be possible/work?

1 Like

The problem with this is that it will.

1. Affect the vents.

2. Get a seal like an iem, buds needs to be vented if I am not wrong. So this will have some major effect on the sound.

But hey, it does sound like a decent idea.

I’m thinking along the lines of not needing to encase the entire earbud in the silicone, more like around the bottom area because even in the video he doesn’t encase the entire iem in it and uses glue dots to secure them,. The blutack method you mentioned would be a proof of concept then moving onto the silicone once you got the technique, shape and position down for a more permanent solution

Thats where the vent is, the cable connector is acting as a vent.

Then around the top part to make a seal and ensure the cable connection is clear probably. It looks like it could work so long as you avoid wrapping the cable in silicone

I’m sure you can experiment and test with blu tack to get the shape and fit just right before committing to doing the silicone

Thank you all for struggling so hard with the fit of LBBS. Suddenly my life of slipping IEMs and jumpy MX500 buds makes sense : I was born for LBBS. They’re just about the right size for blocking the entry of my ear canal :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I tried some blu tack actually. But the metal body doesnt stick with it.

How about putting the earbuds on, then covering the whole thing with blu tack in your ear, taking it out, add a bit more along the bottom edge while keeping the vent clear and adjust the fit and seal until satisfacory?

That sounds very annoying lol.