RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Fair, but hey so is testing and making mods to iems haha

My mods are pretty straightforward and easy to use though

1 Like

True, but in fairness, modifying fit and seal is finicky in general, kinda makes you understand why reshelling services for CIEMs go for around $200

What about that kind of converters ?

lol, looks like it is used to turn bullet iems into a more custom-like iem.

And this one ?

https://www.amazon.fr/Yurbuds-Inspire-Phone-Taille-Unique/dp/B00NTRQ4KG

seems like a bud. But I dont think that will work.

You’re pushing me hard tonight
Condom on earbud anyone ?

embouts-en-silicones-pour-transformer-vos-ecouteurs-en-intra-auriculaire-transparent (1)

4 Likes

Can someone give this a listen and tell me if it sounds overly compressed and/or seem to have a lack of dynamic range?

Edit: It seems the video is unavailable through the forum so here’s the link
Sewerslvt - self destruction worldwide broadcast

It just sounds a bit flat to me through my fh3s unlike some other songs which I know have punch on the fh3.

Example for punch: Specifically 3:00-3:30

Edit: comparing first song vs second. First song sounds compressed to me / lacking dynamic range

1 Like

Yes, youtube can suck the life out of dynamics.
Try it on soundcloud: Stream Keys n Krates - Cura (Electric Mantis Remix) by Electric Mantis | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Sorry I meant the first song. Second is supposed to be an example of a song with punch. Also, I have both of these songs on tidal, conclusion is still the same to me. I just want to confirm what I’m hearing is correct.

Can you do me a favour and check if the 2nd song sounds punchier on soundcloud (vs youtube)?

just checked it and saw they had a bandcamp link in the description. sounds a lot better on there (bandcamp is louder, so turn it down before you compare, still sound better with the bandcamp encoding at an obviously quieter level)

looks like blanche was correct, usually don’t notice this myself, but maybe youtube’s opus (edit: looks like i am actually hearing the m4a encoding right now) codec butchers super busy tracks like that one

2 Likes

To me, and I’ve had this opinion for a while as I used sc almost exclusively while in high school, tracks on sc sound more “harsh” to me compared to yt. I can hear the yt compression when a/b ing between the two but sc seems to have more treble energy. I also hear a little more depth and separation on sc but that’s due to the yt compression. Now it’s only noticeable on some songs more than others for me. Especially when I haven’t heard the sc version in a while.

1 Like

Listening to the first track now, I’d say it’s a primarily mixing problem, not a fh3/streaming platform problem. One of the genre tags is “harsh noise” and I think they’ve achieved that here :wink:

That’s basically what my original question was. Does it sound compressed? Dynamics a bit wonky? I know that its a mixing deal but more along the lines of “is it just me or…?” The whole style/genre of music that she makes is supposed to be an expression of feelings and emotion. Personally I don’t get the emotional provocation that a lot of people who listen to her music do. For me it’s more of an appreciation of the musicality and the style. Has the late 90s, early 2000s DnB breakbeat, garage vibes to me. I’m a huge fan of the more airy flow that the music has.

Makes me think of the windows media player visualizer
brd8w9gcnj871

Yeah I guess it’s overly compressed. It’s a busy track and everything sounds a bit squished up to the limiter, like it needs more room to breathe

Also the drums take a back seat in the mix while ambient pads / synths etc are up front. When you compare to something like this Pendulum Hold Your Colour FULL ALBUM - YouTube
It’s night and day.

Ive done something along the lines of this with my modded blon03.
Except I used hard acrylic like Dreve.
It was easier to keep the vent holes from being covered as I could control exactly where the resin flowed.
They sound much better and as expected zero fit issues.
They seal so good in fact I get driver crinkle every time I push them in or remove them. But after a few yawning motions it goes away and its good to go.

6 Likes

What do you use or create such a tip? You have a 3d printer?

1 Like