RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Oh damn, that suck. Was hoping it won’t be as bad.

S2 is my second unit with the QC card check after I bought the first one and it ended up…well looking like that…

1 Like

That’s a shame. I hope their future products aren’t like this. Definitely looking into their stuff cautiously now.

2 Likes

So far initial impressions are great. Will give a better review later. As an aside @Rikudou_Goku what was your benchmark earbud for comparison ?

1 Like

Glad to hear that. :+1:

For the Archer 1, the most similar bud is the Blur MX64 OFC STE. Non of my branded buds are anything like this I think.

1 Like

700mw might be legit actually…
didnt have any problems with my 300ohm DIY buds
but OI seems pretty high

(FYI: I am using it with my motherboard 3.5mm, so the OI could be influenced by that as well…)

EDIT:

This is my motherboard: Specification Z87-G43 | MSI Global - The Leading Brand in High-end Gaming & Professional Creation

5 Likes

Some more info regarding this:

LUSYA EF04 MUSE02:

Sundara: can drive it but not as good as the A3 (looser bass, less treble air, res seems a bit worse could be due to the warmer tonality)

CRA: hiss, sensitive enough to be used at a volume level where there is channel imbalance

LZ A7: extremely little hiss

Tanchjim Oxygen: extremely little hiss

Sony XBA-N3: extremely little hiss

Blon 03: extremely little hiss

Sony EX800ST: Slight hiss

(extremely little hiss = only noticed when I disconnect them from the amp, and less noise than the fans in my pc besides me lol)

Overall, the tonality of it seems to be more bass quantity and looser, more elevated vocals and less air, separation is worse than the A3. I wouldnt use it for sensitive iems since the L/R channel matching isnt that good at the low volumes they are at (still better than the JDS Atom at this), although this isnt an issue if you lower the volume on windows. Hiss isnt a problem either, unless they are sensitive.

This is more of an earbud and headphone amp than for iems though and is probably my default rec for buds anywhere near this price range.

(Tested on my motherboard 3.5mm, so it is probably better on a proper dac.)

4 Likes

Holy fuck I forgot the sheer amount of bass lbbs can put out while still remaining coherent and clear. I just wish I could wear them for long periods of time without my ears hurting.

Do you have some pictures? Specs wise it seems really amazing for the price, but I am afraid that the hardware quality of anything is really poor. Also, this micro USB in 2022… I am wondering how it measures in reality as well in comparison to power DAC let’s say

Hi!
I lost the filter on my CCA CRA’s (I’m stupid lol) and now I hate the way they sound. I’ve already ordered the 500mesh to replace it but, in the meantime, is there any diy mod to get the sound back? I’ve already tried 1dividedby8 foam but it still sounds bad. Maybe idividedby4?

Thanks in advance RG, really like your content <3

1 Like

Feels like metal to me.

1 Like

PEQ

low-shelf: 550hz, Q: 0,6, gain: 1db
Peak: 2300hz, Q: 3, gain: -8db
Peak: 5000hz, Q: 2, gain: -4.5db
peak: 12 000hz: Q:5, gain: -4db

9 Likes

thank you so much

Rikidou, appreciate your contribution to hobby and community. I actually bought LZ A7 mostly because of your ranking and review. Can I please ask you to measure impedance plot or effect of impedance adapters to FR (same thing for me) of LZ A7 RedPop?

I’ve been playing with PEQ with my A7 on Fiio M11. But when I connect with balance, A7 sounds a tad brighter, presumably because single out of M11 is 1 ohm, but balance is 2 ohm, which is kinda a lot for A7 impedance of 11-13 ohm. Thank you.

BTW, if you have modded A7, data is still useful, because we are talking now about electrical properties, not acoustical.

2 Likes

It doesnt seem to be affecting that much, but it does look like it is brighter.

Interesting. It even looks like insertion depth difference. Now I wonder if A7 is single driver dynamic same as KZ’s :smiling_face_with_tear:

Is there no significant change in monitor mode too?

I doubt that lol.

the impedance response shouldnt change based on switches.

2 Likes

Where would You put the KSC75 on the earbud list? I know its A- on the headphone list but I am not sure I can just move it to the earbud list on the same place.

Tried the X6 first, liked them because of the bass / warmth (keep them for the mic)
Then got some K300 ( not the samsara) was kind of shouty.
Next up was the rw-9 and Qian39. Qian39 sounded very thin to me. The RW-9 I liked better than the X6.

Decided to sell qian39 + RW-9 and was thinking about buying LBBS or M2s pro. From the build, changeable cable and Your sound comparison (more bass, warmer) in your reviews I settled on the M2s.

Now I am question myself if any of those small earbuds can be better than the “big” KSC75 (that I don’t have anymore). Which earbud would You say is better than the KSC75? With priority on equal / bigger soundstage and better bass extension / more bass.
(Source will be a ifi Gryphon with optional bass and 600-3khz boost)

Probably I should just buy another pair of KSC75 to see myself instead of stealing your precious time but I am curious where you would put headphones in comparison with earbuds.

Just a warning: LBBS sound very “thin” in my ears too, unless I press on them.

I’ll try to compare the two later but as far as I recall the Qian39’s sound better to me/fit my ears better.

Too bad because they do sound good otherwise.

X6’s on the other hand work really well for my ears.

EDIT: The LBBS do apparently take EQ’ing very well, but I don’t bother (yet?) with that as it’s just an extra variable to keep track of when rapidly switching between many earphones… :wink:

1 Like

I probably put it at S- or S.

If you are in the US and can get the KSC75 at around 20 usd, I dont think there is a bud that is better than it (non-DIY) in stage. Bass is easy to beat it in though.

But elsewhere, where the KSC75 is close to 40 usd…it is close to my own DIY buds price so…yeah…

Sounds like MX500 shells works the best for you then.

2 Likes