RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

There are a few people that do, but everyone is basically measuring it their own way, with no standards to follow.
There are basically 2 ways you can go about it.

1. You go with consistency as the main goal, these are the setups that uses iem adapters for buds, so they are more consistent in insertion depth and angle. Downside is that these are not realistic and not how we wear the buds. (this is the type my own bud graphs go for = meme level.)

2. You go with realism, these are the ones that uses fake ears and the likes, to simulate more how they respond in our own ears. Downside is that, as with IRL usage, its very hard to put them on consistently and even more so when it aint your own ears.

Here is my graph of the LBBS using method 1.

and @tgx graph which is more about method 2.

in the end, I wouldnt bother using graphs with buds…

They arent “flat” like with iems, as mentioned above, bud graphs = memes.
Some of them do have somewhat of a pinna gain, but they are quite rare as most buds are tuned to be super smooth.
LBBS and the Smabat M2S Pro are the branded ones with this.
And for my own models, it would be the Lancer 1.

4 Likes

Thanks that’s very informative.

Might just be coincidence, but I think it’s funny how tgx’s graph has a dip at 6khz, which is where I put the EQ… but I guess (as with IEM’s) the 8khz is some kind of coupler resonance and everything above that is inaccurate (the LBBS beats the Blessing 2’s treble extension easily :clown_face:)

yeah, both mine and his have a dip there.

Buds technically dont have that much raw extension as iems, but they still sound airier for some reason.

4 Likes

300 Ohm Rikubud incoming? Oh boy…

4 Likes

oh, someone noticed. :smirk:

Valac-Clara

5 Likes

Finally, announcing the first gen 2 model.

Assassin 2: Midcentric; super tight and fast decaying bass, forward mids both male and female, treble on the smoother side and airy, overall aim being “precision” and accuracy (great imaging)

Uses a 32ohm driver by Fostex along with the new Val39 resin shell.

Also
Grand Berserker 2: L-shaped: For bassheads, by a basshead, better sub-bass than most iems, mid-bass a bit on the slower/looser side (rare for buds), male vocals tonality is excellent but recessed as are female vocals, treble is a bit on the darker side, super smooth, holographic stage (very deep)

At the moment, it uses a 300ohm DLC driver. But there is a 32ohm version as well which apparently sounds the same according to the seller, which I have ordered in order to find out if it does sound the same. If it does end up sounding the same, then I will be using the 32ohm going forward. But currently, the model is using the 300ohm version. (although I have no more stock of this driver anyway lol.)

What else am I working on? Well, so far I got a candidate for the Rider 2 and the Alter Rider 2 spot, not finalized yet because I found a new tuning material I wanna try (already ordered).

Its the cotton material specifically, I might try them on some iems as well, could be another great modding material.

Oh and, just tried making my first DIY iem.

Stock/zero tuning = KZ from a few years ago

V2 = tamer Urbanfun

V3 = Falcon Pro/Vernus :thinking:

V5 = favorite atm.

Too bad I ruined the drivers after V5. :sob:

This is the 10mm Bio driver:

with this wooden shell:

10 Likes

What is the price of those Val39 assassins? How would you compare it to the Alter rider 1 in terms of genres fitting?
Is that a fostex’ bio cellulose driver btw as in their headphones?

Gen 2 base classes = 75 euro
Grand classes = 125 euro
info listed in my db as well as the official post here:

Alter Rider 1 is a bit brighter, with more airy treble and overall quantity. it also has more sub-bass quantity, but not as tight/fast bass. Imaging is a lot better on the Assassin 2, but stage is a bit smaller. More mids on the Assassin 2. You could say the Alter Rider 1 is a bit more U-shaped in comparison.

They kinda do aim for the same thing, but the Assassin 2 does it with more precision due to the tighter/faster bass and the better imaging. It might be a bit more boring in comparison though.

Nope, not a bio driver. Its this one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001187721226.html

Same as the ShoonTH drivers (they use the same drivers for all 3 models, with the only difference being they added a resistor for the higher end models, which doesnt actually do anything since these are DDs).

4 Likes

What’s the pricing like for your IEMs? :open_mouth:

wont make iems, its much easier and better to just mod an existing iem. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Speaking of modded iems.

massive improvement.

Vernus aint so limited now. :smirk:

2 Likes

What coupler do you use for graphing? I would like to get into modding more but it seems the ability to graph is almost necessary

Its definitely helpful if u plan to mod yourself.

Awesome! Do you need all three or just the coupler?

If you dont have a soundcard already (you need a 3.5mm mic input), you will need the soundcard as well.

Or you need a dongle along with some adapters.

Okay so since my laptop has a 3.5 mic in I can just plug the coupler directly into that then?

yes, you can. Although the result might be pretty inaccurate. But if you are only modding and using the graphs yourself, it might suffice.

Bro, buy the usb version. You will thank later. Source: i did it.

1 Like

Do you use the USB version plugged straight into your computer?

Yes. Mic plugs into the usb sound card. Sound card plugs into pc via usb-a. Then use your regular amp for the output.

2 Likes