RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

You wouldn’t happen to have a link to that setup?

Where can i get the calibration file for this coupler? Or does the store owner provide one if i ask him?

you need to ask the seller, the serial number is printed on the coupler, so just tell him the nr.

(I wasnt sure which part was the serial number, so I just told him everything that was written on it.)

1 Like

It’s the one @Rikudou_Goku linked. Just add the soundcard as well.

1 Like

Gonna ask him then. My measurements already pretty close to those on the squig.link but i always have that weird sub bass roll of on every IEM. I hope the calibration file helps.

yours might be closer to Vortex´s graphs.

He also has some sub-bass roll-off.

(while mine has a bit of a sub-bass boost.)

Falcon Pro has awesome mod potential. You can turn it into the Vernus or the DM. Both of which are hard/impossible to get now. :wink:

3 Likes

:open_mouth: Do you have the links to the materials you used to mod it? This one in particular:

Bless :pray:

Vernus yes, same shell etc, just different tuning.

DM should be way different due to venting + dampening + chamber. People tried to mod DM2 into DM1, since it’s the same and driver and outside shell, and they couldn’t replicate it. RIP.

1 Like

Blutack can be replaced with regular tape (with 100% seal).

1 Like

:smirk:

2 Likes

Just gonna post this.

Just learned a way to improve bass texture, by placing the tuning foams sideways, it will allow for better airflow, making the bass tighter, faster and more textured.

Timeless, now has actual stage depth, along with width and is 3D!

4 Likes

I love what you are doing with mods! Are all these mods you have listed external?

1 Like

Are you taking out the original foam aswell or just sticking this new one on top? Do we need to add tanchjim filter too (for improved stage)? Link to foam? Cheers :sunglasses:

Yes! Zero risk and easy to do.

Ok, so this depends on the version of the Timeless you got. If you have the same version as I do.

You just need to

1. remove that metal filter
  2. then take out the tuning foam that is under the metal filter, and place it sideways.
  3. Put the tanchjim filter on top of the foam.
  4. Put on the super thin horseshoe foam (fyi an earbud tuning material) on the inner vent. If you don’t have this you can substitute with micropore i guess.

Links to materials:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000977657181.html
tuning foam (should be the same as my version of the Timeless):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002711483821.html

3 Likes

Now, I will mention that I do expect a mesh in the 400 or 450 density would work better than the Tanchjim one, but I dont have any left atm. :sob:

But if your timeless looks like this:

What you have to do now, is the same for the first step, just take out the metal filter.
But now, instead of having access to the foam, you should now see that there is a filter with damping stuck on the metal filter, remove that one. Now, you should have a low-density tuning foam under it, you can now choose to either replace it with the high-density version I linked above. Or, just take it out and put it sideways. Then, put on the Tanchjim filter or a X mesh. Lastly, put on the super thin horseshoe foam on the inner vent like before.

3 Likes

Awesome. Definitely gonna try this. Thanks!

1 Like

Sony MDR-1AM2 mod: Wanna reduce the peaky 5k and 8k on it? While also tightening the bass and cleaning it up overall?
Try this

1. Remove the pads
    How to Change Sony MDR-1AM2 Headphones Earpads / Ear Cushions - Geekria - YouTube
    (finger is enough to do that, dont need a tool.)

2. Put in a donut tuning foam.

1658580603413.png

1. Close the pads back.

2. What this does is to remove the sharp treble it has in stock.

Now, to balance the bass out, which used the stock treble to balance it out and prevent it from being bloated, you need to block the bass vent at the top of the cups. You can do this by using this super thin horseshoe foam (50pcs/lot Earphone Tuning Cotton With Glue For 14-16mm Speaker Unit For Mx500 Mx760 Flat Headphones Diy - Earphone Accessories - AliExpress ) and block of the vent (just the single “dot”) on top of the cups. If you want to reduce the bass even more, you need micropore tape or something like blutack/regular tape for 100% seal.

oh, just ordered the Lypertek pureplay Z3 1.0. Crazy deal on hifiheadphones now. :joy:

1 Like

Lol

6 Likes