RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Reminds me of those iSine IEMs, the planar ones? Those were huge with like a plastic ear hook I believe :joy:

That be more like the Isines lol.

1 Like

Ya bro, mini headphone-IEM crossover LOL

BIGGER

loljk - maybe

if you really wanted to go hardcore memeing, you could do it like the AKG k240 sextett.

But changing the DD and the passive radiators for 10mm DDs, sprinkled around the baffle everywhere AND then leading into an iem-like nozzle. :rofl:

(like the Nuraphone)

2 Likes

LOL that looks like a revolver loading

It’d be interesting for sure how 5DDs will affect how sound bounces around the housing, shell-design, venting and all that

1 Like

Jinx you owe me a free Riku Bu- I mean, soda … :wink:

1 Like

A grand assassin would be so dope!

Coherency goes bye bye. :rofl:

1 Like

4 Likes

Official RikuBuds website:

8 Likes

Siiiiiiick! Getting ready for the Gen 3s I see :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Jcally JA3:

(same as the JM6)

JA3 is the one I would recommend. Its both cheaper, not nearly as heavy AND it is also designed better. I believe the M1 has a pretty fatal design flaw in that the USB c male connector and the 3.5mm female port are NOT aligned, so when you try to connect a transducer to the 3.5mm, you risk bending the usb c when it is connected to the phone.
the M1 also has somewhat sharp corners

1 Like
Simgot EA500 (red nozzle) Dunu Titan S
Sub-bass = =
Mid-bass + -
Lower-mids + -
Upper-mids = =
Treble + -
Upper-treble - +
Soundstage - +
Imaging - +
Separation = =
Macro-detail = =
Micro-detail = =
Timbre + -

Fairly even technically but the EA500 edges out in tonality and timbre overall a bit more as it is closer to my preferences. Both serve the same purpose to me though as they are both targeted at acoustic/vocal, OST/classical music. Just depends on if you prefer a leaner/thinner-note-weight or not, if you do the Titan S is your pick, otherwise the EA500 will be better if you prefer some mid-bass/thicker-note-weight.

Simgot EA500 (red nozzle) Moondrop Kato (silver nozzle)
Sub-bass + -
Mid-bass + -
Lower-mids + -
Upper-mids + -
Treble + -
Upper-treble = =
Soundstage + -
Imaging + -
Separation + -
Macro-detail + -
Micro-detail + -
Timbre + -

Pure murder.

EA500 (red nozzle) Oxygen
Sub-bass + -
Mid-bass - +
Lower-mids + -
Upper-mids - +
Treble - +
Upper-treble - +
Soundstage - +
Imaging - +
Separation - +
Macro-detail - +
Micro-detail - +
Timbre = =

Oxygen is the better iem but the EA500 can be likened to a budget Oxygen that is warmer.

Overall, the EA500 is a balanced sounding iem with excellent timbre and at this price is a very solid pick and pretty versatile I say even though I would use it mainly for OST/vocal music. While I don’t think it has anything truly special to warrant extraordinary hype, I do think this is a great pick for those that do not have many iems or maybe even as a first iem as it is doing a lot of things correct and nothing fatally wrong.

(Kato demoted to A- from A)

Oh and I joined the cool kids club with this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32842588479.html

14 Likes
Blon Z300 Blon BL-03 (modded)
Sub-bass + -
Mid-bass - +
Lower-mids + -
Upper-mids - +
Treble = =
Upper-treble = =
Soundstage - +
Imaging - +
Separation = =
Macro-detail = =
Micro-detail - +
Timbre = =

The modded BL-03 is better for my library, mostly because the Z300 is going a bit too far in having BOTH MORE (and a tad slower/looser) mid-bass AND a much smoother upper-mids/mid-treble tuning so it ends up being a bit too much. This mainly bottlenecks the dynamic range in the Z300 and stage is also smaller than the Bl-03. But if you arent going to mod the BL-03 or risk the pain of tip-roll hell (that fit is horrible for a lot of people) then the Z300 is gonna be a much safer (and I assume, havent heard stock BL-03 in years) better sounding iem than the STOCK BL-03 and includes a much better cable than the infamous one in the BL-03 and has a much better body shape.

Music wise, I would not recommend this for classical, OSTS nor jpop/rock. But works wonders for hip-hop (Lil Wayne – Lollipop, Yung Joc – its going down), R&B (Always Never – Worst) and metal/rock (Linkin Park).

Overall, I sure am glad that Blon, after like 4 years FINALLY have managed to make an iem that I can actually recommend and not just their one-hit wonder (Bl-03). If you want the BL-03 (stock) but dont wanna risk a poor fit, then this is a great alternative But if you do want to take the risk and also are fine with putting in some work of your own to mod it, then the BL-03 is still the best blon I heard so far.

Review score: 4.5/5

7 Likes

Awesome comparison :+1: How did you find the treble on the Z300? It was getting spicy for me at higher volumes. A little sharp/metallic to my ears, especially for KPOP/JPOP/JROCK stuff.

I have the opposite thoughts lol, dunno about higher volumes though.

1 Like

How loud do you go?

Do you own the Mele or Kai? How do they compare to the Z300 to you?

Around 85db+

Had the KAI and Melee, I’d say it’s an overall mini-upgrade in-terms of treble/air over both, but doesn’t scale as well as them.

1 Like