RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Ah ic. I just found a dunu impedance adapter in my local store. I’ll see if it does anything good.

Thats the one I got.

Which impedance did you get?

Forgot sorry. Too long ago.

Bit expensive for my taste, at least for importing. I always though I would hate the BL03 because it’s so warm an has a lot of bass and I ended up loving it. Maybe the FD5 will surprise me and I will end up loving v-shaped IEMs. I don’t have any, and I also don’t have v-shaped headphone I don’t think.

Wait for sales, it usually drops down to around 280 usd.

Hello all,

Just want to share some amazing music,
enjoy,

2 Likes

Got it and I agree. Timbre and cohesiveness are what I heard as well. I think that is an advantage that single DD have over hybrids until you get to the higher end.

Also I wonder if the structure of their Eclipse driver tech has a lot to do with how they have managed to create a fast and powerful DD with a tight and controlled sound.

From the Dunu site:
DRIVE MODULE
DIAPHRAGM: Magnesium-Aluminum alloy dome with nanoporous amorphous carbon coating (nanoDLC)
and fully independent suspension surround
MAGNET ASSEMBLY: > 1.8 T External Ring-Type Neodymium Magnet

“nanoDLC” sounds similar to what JVC and BLON use for their stuff. But I’m not sure. Magnesium-Aluminum would be similar to what Focal uses in their headphones.

External ring magnet would also explain why they stick together when you get them too close. Something I’ve never experienced in another IEM. Makes me think you’ve got some powerful little magnets in there controlling those drivers.

1 Like

Ha ha, yeah I knew the magnets were going to be nutty in the Zen. I don’t know much about magnets but was wondering if I should keep them apart from one another when stored?

I just always put them in that little mesh pouch they provided when not in use.

1 Like

Dont think thats an issue keeping them together.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, are there buds that can compete with $300 IEMs? I have the Yincrow x6 incoming, but I can’t imagine those $12 buds competing with the FiiO’s and LZ’s of this world.

300 usd buds vs iems? Sure, the Moondrop Chaconne beats all my iems when it comes to acoustic/vocal music lol.

Yincrow RW-2000 is also around the level of the 300 usd iems.

1 Like

Aight, I’ll keep em in mind. The RW-2000 is pretty cheap as well, if end up reaching for the x6 a lot those might be a nice addition to the collection. Cheap enough to import at least.

The RW-2000 and the X6 are pretty different as well, so no issues with redundancy.

Although, if you only wanted 2 buds (less redundancy), I would say the X6 and the Chaconne are a great combo.

Those are probably the 2 buds I would pick If I could only have 2 of the buds I have heard.

And just one earbud with “existing” bass under 200?
What would you say?
Maybe RW-2000 …I know about the upcoming review… but just a hint :sweat_smile:

Are your impressions of the Chaconne getting ever more favorable of did you calm down a bit from a honeymoon period?

Also, nice review on the FH5s.

Yincrow X6, RW-9, HE 150 pro and the DQSM Turandot are the buds I have heard that actually got sub-bass.

But I only like the X6 and the RW-9 because the 2 other got issues with the rest of its tonality.

Sorry, havent used it since my last impressions. I basically had to forbid myself from using anything good while I was using the FH5S, otherwise I would have gotten distracted lol.