RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

You :heart: tempting me don’t you? I need to buy a third case! The Oxygen does have the better FR from that chart. Stunning similarity except for 7-8K.

How would you describe the Oxygen vs KSSX, FD5 and Zen?

BTW… Very good job on your review as always.

2 Likes

Oxygen is in another league compared to the KXXS lol.

I do prefer the FD5 and the Zen over the Oxygen, those 2 work better with my library. But for vocal/acoustic music, the Oxygen is my favorite iem for that and was my favorite transducer overall for that purpose (until it got dethroned by the Moondrop Chaconne lol).

1 Like

Thanks. I think we enjoy similar music styles. I do enjoy listening to recordings just for the sake of hearing what the hardware is capable of so I am always listening to all kinds of music.

I think the Focal Clear MG is my favorite way to experience vocals, so I think I can skip the Oxygen for now, but I’ll keep it on my list.

I’ve ordered too many IEMs lately. I’ve hardly had the opportunity to listen to one before then next one arrives. I’ve hardly had any ear time with any of the DUNU IEMs let alone actually getting them broken in. I think I’ve probably listened to the EST 112 the least and I’ve had it the longest. DUNU EST 112, DUNU SA6, DUNU ZEN & Fiio FH5s and Thieaudio Oracle in a very short period of time.

You guys would probably have a few words with me if you knew how long I’ve actually had the FD5 in my ears.

2 Likes

Well, if you get the Chaconne instead, you get a better transducer AND have an excuse for it (not an iem lol). :smirk:

1 Like

There you go. @Rikudou_Goku always looking to protect my wallet. :wink: Will do.

1 Like

:thinking:

"At the gates, my $300 benchmark awaits. The FH5 has a detailed, exciting W-shaped signature that is the direct antithesis to the calm, smooth and if I may, bland Oxygen. I won’t pretend to be unbiased, because FH5 possesses one of my favorite tunings, and I’m struggling to reason why you should get the Oxygen when the FH5 is available for nearly the same price.

Suckerpunched

Looking at technical ability, the FH5 is more extended in both ends, with a sharper attack, swifter decay, and much better note definition and transparency across the board. The FH5 is clearer, hits harder, and handles music with more finesse. The Oxygen is made to eat humble pie and like it.

The Oxygen doesn’t go home empty-handed and get some nice party gifts. The mids are a tier above in terms of tone and timbre, while the imaging is more accurate. But mids alone can’t save the signature when the FH5 is obviously a better all-rounder. Their both shared weaknesses are the lower mids dip and a small soundstage, but taken as a whole, consider Oxygen’s butt well and truly owned."

If the FH5 owns the Oxygen’s butt, I think I’ll pass.

Completely wrong…

Bassy, but they look very interesting… quite a drop in price, I will see if I can find a review, but tempted for sure.

1 Like

Probably not going to get them: They don’t know what to call them, Crystal or Neptune and in one sentence they have 1 DD and in the other 2DD.

I guess they have mixed up 2 different IEMs, but that and the fake reviews (all 4 reviews are made almost at the same time)… I’ll pass.

Yeah, it is quite fishy. Passing on it is a wise choice.

At that price, the new Ibasso IT01X and the 7HZ i88 mini looks more interesting IMO.

1 Like

I like chifi and there are some REALLY great IEMs comming out of China, but scamming like this is just so common.

Yeah, unfortunately. Best to just ignore stuff like that unless it got attention by respected reviewers.

Me to. It’s the left side for me as well. I almost bought a second pair just see if I had a defective pair but I ended up just moving on.

Just wanted to mention that Fiio really got my respect now.

I was expecting them to be pissed at my review on the FH5S, but nope. They actually asked for me advice.

There are literally only 3 brands that have asked me for advice after I reviewed their product.

Aiderlot (with the M5)
Kbear (with the KS2)
Fiio (with the FH5S)

I have reviewed a lot of different products from different brands but it really shows when a brand actually care about their customers when they ask for advice on how to fix their cons.

A lot of other brands should really learn from this, especially Periodic Audio…oh boy their response to my review was amazing.

(after I sent the review on the BE to them.)

:joy:

11 Likes

2021-05-10: Moondrop Chaconne review is up: Moondrop Chaconne - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

How this doesnt have any hype at all is beyond me. This is the sole reason why I am looking at other TOTL buds. Like the K Bell-WE and the Samsara K300.

I already gave the title of “Ultra Instinct” to the Dunu EST112, so I will give this the title of “Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta”:
GogetaBlue2

Vocal/acoustic music lovers will love this one, endgame worthy in those genres…

7 Likes

Hey guys… Just thought I’d throw up a flare I am selling a ton of stuff Let me know if anyone is interested in anything…

1 Like

Did you try a different cable on the FH5s per chance? I am still in the camp that cables can’t change sound that drastically, but some guy on head-fi said that it made the FH5s go from shit to excellent. I figured since you’re the cable guru possibly you could shed some light on this.

I saw that post and I call BS on that.

This is an hybrid, their FR doesnt change when you have different resistances like on BA only iems. Even more so on this one, since it actually only has a BA for the treble instead of the typical DD (bass) + BA (mids/treble).

1 Like

looks like he got exactly the same impressions as my verdict for it.
(the first time I fully agree with him.)

@Rikudou_Goku a little off topic, but if the 560s was iem, what tier would it be on your list?