RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Oh, so they are the CP100 tips. I didn’t recognize them and thought they were new tips for the EST112. Since I believe that Dunu owns spinfits now.

They are CP100 but new sizes.

They didn’t fit me actually. The grey tips worked though. But ended up liking the elecom ehp cap 20 tips the most.

Sounds like it’s time for you to try the Zen. :wink:

I would only recommend the zen if that upper treble roll off won’t bother him. Basically if he’s fine with having no air and micro details. For me library, that flaw is quite fatal.

Listening now to the Monarch… It is overall smoother with better vocal representation and larger stage and a more overall coherent sound. The EST112 is harsher with faster attack, mids are more recessed. The leading edge on everything on the EST112 is tighter. The EST112 is less coherent but that leads itself to more defined and pinpoint imaging where the Monarch is softer.

The major differences will come down to if you want a smoother or more detailed/harsh experience.

The Clair will be ever smoother than the Monarch with more bass/midbass, but the Clair also has less detailed mids vs the Monarch. If I recall, the Clair treble sounded even more elevated than the Monarch to me but still retained its smooth and non-sibilant characteristics, but I preferred the Monarch’s treble.

Next on my list. I’m going to be shying away from less expensive IEMs. I think I’m done with hybrids for a while unless they have ESTs. Although @Rikudou_Goku almost forced me to pull the trigger on the OH-10. I’m still holding out damnit! :slight_smile:

The new red Spinfit size is perfect with the Monarch! I need more of these.

1 Like

Indeed, it is hard to go back to non-EST iems now that you have tasted the forbidden fruit lol.

Wonder how much that upcoming Tri Starshine will be… (2 BA + 2 EST) and the Excalibur/oracle…
Probably wont be long now before these EST iems get even cheaper since Dunu released the EST112.

Well, my posts about it above was just my first impressions. I only scratched the surface of it (and the rest of the stuff that came with it), so buy anything until I have at least given them a rank and/or reviewed them.

1 Like

btw, what do you think about the stock cable on the EST112?
Thats probably my biggest complain about it lol. Measures pretty high and I dont really like its look.

I wish it was the Zen’s. They obviously cheaped out on this cable. I do really like the angled MMCX connectors. It’s almost exactly like the DUW-02 which doesn’t measure well and is quite thin and cheap. They were successful in keeping the EST112 price down by incorporating this cable which is impressive with the costs of those EST drivers. The cable switching system is the best in the business tho.

Yeah, I read Antdroid´s review on the EST112 and cant understand how he prefers the DUW-02S over the 03…

1 Like

Yep, a lot better than the Fiio´s system.

1 Like

??? Agreed. I wonder what he was smoking. I have both. I could take some photos to show they are almost identical. lol

Wait… I think he was comparing the three cables. I think I misunderstood. Maybe he likes the light and flexible cable of the EST112. I know the Zen’s is a stiffer cable. I like a heavier/substancial cable like the Thieaudio EST cable.

1 Like

The DUW-03 is probably my best stock cable. Of course my own designed Cable A1 is still my favorite cable overall. :smirk:

A wise decision unless you’re reviewing or you enjoy doing compares then going up a tier or two once you know your preferred sound sig that’s where the extra :dollar: pays off…Don’t have an EST set but Sony’s super tweeter is amazing so don’t discount them lol…I’m still super happy with my Z1R’s hard to think where I’d go for an upgrade, source upgrade first :+1:…Would like to listen a Traillii just for shits and gigs tho.

PS I still listen to my Reecho and Peacock Spring 1 (a dope set) and IT00’s etc :heart_eyes: them all :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s definitely worth a listen

2 Likes

That’s a v big $ pill to swallow though…Susvara $6k :open_mouth: ok’ish :man_shrugging: itty bitty IEM $6k :crazy_face: lol…but probably less source dependant :+1:

It is, but it’s still very picky, less source dependant than the susvara is still pretty source dependant lol

Oh great my would be $6k IEM endgame???..'s gonna cost $15k :rofl::joy::rofl:

Thankfully the traillii sounds pretty great on the p6p > 424 so it’s not quite 15 yet lol

1 Like