RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Sigh… Another IEM I have to buy.

You don’t HAVE to…(I say as I’ve binge purchased at least 3 in the last month).

1 Like

hahha, the addiction is strong.

I got a lot of toys here right now and I am currently measuring my XINHS cables (second batch arrived like 4 weeks before the first batch, love DHL express lol. I hope my first batch arrive this week as well).

1 Like

I HAVE to. The collection won’t be complete. :frowning:

I hear ya. I went through and organized some of my spare cables over the weekend…

3 Likes

Anyone else´s wallet still alive? :joy:

Ordered:
KZ DQ6
Ikko OH10
Yincrow RW-2000
Adapters (2.5mm → 6.35mm, 3.5mm ->6.35mm, EX1000 mmcx adapter)

My sale started and ended on the same day lol.

5 Likes

2021-03-29: Big update to the cable measurement page.

New names have been given to all the cables and all stock cables have been removed (you can still find the stock cable measurements in the review/impression). Added a column that specifies what wire material the cable is using along with a comments column (pretty self-explanatory). What does this mean going forward? It means that I will never use the real “name” of the cable, which in most cases means “brand-name cable-name-that’s-totally-not-a-description”. So, it will be much quicker for me and for others to specify what exact cable we are referring to. Links to the cable is in the list itself and of course is NOT an affiliate link and just for you to know what cable we are talking about.

0-0.3 ohms: A series
0.3-0.6 ohms: B series
0.9-1.2 ohms: C series
1.2-1.5 ohms: D series
1.5-1.8 ohms: E series
X > 1.8 ohms: F series

The names will have a ranking (A to F) then a nr to them. A series are of course the best ones in terms of resistance but that doesnt mean that I will always recommend A over B cables. The cost of the B cable could for example be a lot more cheaper than the A cable which could IMO be overpriced.

2 Likes

So…
I checked your new “cable table” and noticed that XINHS cables are performance-wise all over the place…
The hybrid 8 core is great, the purple one bad…
But overall, can you say something about the build quality?
Or is it also different for each type?

The ones in the same price range are similar in build. (like, as in having the exact same plug/connector/chin-slider).

And the ones that costs around 10 usd are a bit worse in quality (still metal components) than the 25 usd ones. Of course they are still very high quality.

2 Likes

Nice…
So overall, I shouldnt be disappointed.
Thats what I wanted to hear :laughing:

Indeed, they are all great cables.

1 Like

2021-03-29: Got my second batch of my XINHS cables (came before my first batch thanks to dhl express lol, should hopefully get my first batch this week though).

1617035679850.png

0.15 ohms

High build quality, very low resistance, working chin-slider. On the thicker side due to being 8 cores but not too thick, a bit stiffer than average.
New default cable rec.
XINHS Hybrid copper/pure-silver 8-core (8 cores pure silver and single crystal copper mixed braid headphone upgrade cable For SE846 SE535 UE900S ED12 TRN V80 V20|Earphone Accessories| - AliExpress) = cable A1

1617035793868.png

0.23 ohms

4-core version of cable A1, which is a bit less stiff but with a non-working chin-slider. If you want a thinner cable than the 8-core version, this is a great alternative.

XINHS Hybrid copper/pure-silver 4-core (8 cores pure silver and single crystal copper mixed braid headphone upgrade cable For SE846 SE535 UE900S ED12 TRN V80 V20|Earphone Accessories| - AliExpress) = cable A2
(seems they dont have a separate listing for this one, but you can just ask the seller for it.)

1617035869292.png

0.23 ohms

Very good build quality for this price, average stiffness and quite thin for a 4-core cable. Although I recommend cable A3 that’s just a few dollars more expensive over this one.

XINHS copper 4-core (4 CORE Alloy copper upgrade cable 2pin/MMCX/QDC/TFZ with 2.5/3.5/4.4 Connector for TRN V90 BA5 V80 T2 C10 C16 ZS10 AS10 KS2|Earphone Accessories| - AliExpress) = cable A4

1617035952601.png

0.33 ohms

Quite a soft and flexible cable, very good build quality for this price, with a working chin-slider. The copper is of a red color which is very unique.

XINHS copper/SPC 8-core (8 Core 5N Silver plated Copper Hifi Earphones Upgrade Cable With MMCX/0.78mm 2 Pin/QDC/TFZ|Earphone Accessories| - AliExpress) = cable B1

1617036025101.png

0.47 ohms

Very soft and flexible cable, high build quality and a working chin-slider. But not really recommended due to price and resistance compared to other cables.

XINHS silver foil 8-core (MMCX/0.78mm 2 Pin/QDC/TFZ High end Headphone Cable 8 Core Silver Foil Earphones Wire For SE846 SE535 UE900S ED12 TRN live 1|Earphone Accessories| - AliExpress) = cable B2

(cable A5 = 180 usd)

vs

1617035679850.png
(cable A1 = 30 usd)

2 Likes

Is cable rolling just a more expensive version of tip rolling?.. down with both but cables are sexier for sure :+1:

1 Like

Nah, tips make a big difference. Cables are just aesthetics rolling. :joy:

1 Like

Nice! I bought three of these. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hahaha, nice. Glad they are as good as they look.

1 Like

Come on! You knew they would be. You designed them. lol!

1 Like

I only knew it would look awesome. No guarantees about the resistance before though.

1 Like

Agree with the tips but as you move up tier levels both with source and drivers the small cable nuances do make a difference even at my mid-IEM-fi level :man_shrugging:t2:

2021-03-29: Yaxi pads arrived. Impressions with them vs the stock pads (+ parts express headband).

Porta pro (parts express headband):

Pros:

• Very big change, a lot more treble and isn’t dark anymore
  • Comfort is a lot better

Cons:

• Lost the bass that made it fun
  • Less natural overall
  • Third party product
  • Sounds similar to the KSC75 + parts express headband but worse and more recessed mids

Overall, not a good change as the KSC75 with the parts express headband sounds similar to the Porta pro + yaxi pads + parts express headband but a lot better overall.

KSC75 (parts express headband):

Pros:

• More treble, airier sound

Cons:

• Comfort is worse because there is a lot more heat
  • Less bassy and not as tonally balanced

Overall, I prefer the stock pads as the extra bass from them is much better for my library and also because of the better comfort.

Conclusion, my ears are most likely not very compatible with the Yaxi pads since they are bigger than my ears. But if you got big ears and the stock pads are too small, then these might be good for you.

1 Like