Rumors and new releases thread

An interesting product for sure.

YES, thank god. Juggling Tidal for quality & Apple music for ease is hell.

2 Likes

It looks like Sonova is buying Sennheisers consumer business;

https://en-de.sennheiser.com/newsroom/sonova-acquires-sennheiser-consumer-business-vzxws7#

1 Like

Sennheiser got bought? Son-of-a… No wait… :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Does this mean Sonova will have the rights to use the sennheiser name?

Not too sure, I presume they would keep selling existing products under the Sennheiser name and it would make sense to attach the name to any upcoming headphones until the sale is complete but I don’t know of any upcoming headphones. They haven’t released any new headphones recently, they made some updates but that’s about it.

There is more discussion on this thread: Sennheiser consumer division sold

Sennheiser IE 900 is announced. Looks like this is the one product that’s going to be released after the acquisition.

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 11.15.30 PM

6 Likes

The more I look at it, the more I agree… At first it was, yeah, sure. With a harder look? Why?

1 Like

The thing I really like is the IO. I love the fact that they didn’t force in a half assed SE in or out into it. I like the the balanced in option at the front I think this would be great for the folks who have balanced portables so easy access to the port. I love the approach personally of just doing either balanced or single ended.0

2 Likes

Are you talking about the single ended versions they’ve already released?

Separate volume knobs for left and right channel, interesting.

2 Likes

https://www.moondroplab.com/sparks

Moondrop Sparks is officially out. I’ve been hearing about them for some time now, but no official place selling them. Now it seems out in HifiGo, Shenzen, and Moondrop Official store on Aliexpress (som other vendors there too).

Curious about this “audiophile TWS” vs something like the Fiio TWS3.

it’s not the prettiest thing but it looks purpose built. would love a listen.

1 Like

Just edited that lol

4 Likes

Come on guys, it’s not that bad. Some people actually set the amp volume at unity gain and adjust the volume from their pre-DAC. Actually for the price It’s tempting to get just to try it out.

3 Likes

Ooooohhhh another flagship single DD. Count me interested.

Nah I’m talking about how they didn’t force any single ended out on this unit and just kept it balanced only.

2 Likes

Moondrop Spark TWS — HiFiGo they’re up on hifigo

Sorry, I’ve meant to say “they’re out” as in “they’re available in”, not “out of stock”. My bad.
Anyway, many buying options. Only seen one review on it though, so maybe it’s better to wait on more opinions.
Edit: made a dedicated post to be more organized.

1 Like