Rumors and new releases thread

I love stuff with MQA solutions build in, it makes the decision making a lot more easy. It will always be a big “No thanks”.

6 Likes

xDuoo MU-601 Desktop DAC – Apos Audio
You GOTTA have a big front toggle switch on yer DAC!

7 Likes

The huge front glass and the switch don’t match well aesthetically IMO. But the price point is nice, and getting 2 analog outs and a digital one is a unique enough feature. I wonder if you can control them individually, cause it seems like they are always on all the time, that would be an even better feature. In any case, the MU-601 could be a nice entry-level DAC to build around as you grow on the Hobby.

1 Like

Tin Hifi P1 Plus. And there comes another revision/relaunch of Tin HiFi, it would be nice if this is an improvement but considering their track record I’m not confident.

Super Review is making a live first impression right now.

3 Likes

McIntosh released an updated MC3500 MkII.

1 Like

Just received a mail from Apos:

EDIT:
Just noticed it was actually already announced here:

1 Like

Tri Audio TK2 balanced headphone amp…

4 Likes

I wish stuff like this would add bluetooth. A portable thing without the option for bluetooth makes zero sense to me.

1 Like

In case this isn’t old news:

ZMF will be selling a limited run of 50(?) epoxy resin stabilized headphones on Nov 20:

(I was blown away both by the current size of his workshop and by the production quality of this recent YT vid. No longer the Mom & Pop operation I had in my mind’s eye.)

5 Likes

Has Zach said which model the headphones will be? VC would be my guess, but I didn’t see any info on the website anywhere.

If the Gryphon did not exist, this might have been a good option for me.

It still might be for some, those who are looking for a more transparent tuning or of the price is right.

Idk about everyone else, but I couldn’t care less about Bluetooth. I never use it, but can definitely understand people who demand it.

I usually imagine a portable setup as a portable amp/dac in your pocket, but I guess some people (perhaps the majority??) use Bluetooth headphones/IEMs.

Regardless, I’m very excited about this little guy from TRI. It’s definitely an unexpected release from an IEM manufacturer.

1 Like

Without bluetooth there is a wire from phone → dac/amp → headphones. Cutting the wire from phone to dac/amp increases my ability to listen to music. Without bluetooth, 90% of my listening time is no longer possible since I am always moving around and using my phone. This is why the ifi iDSD signature was a hard no. It wasn’t the size as much as the wire to the phone.

1 Like

I use Bluetooth from time to time. Not a primary connectivity solution for me, but definitely something that gets utilized when the need arises. I find SMSL’s implementation to be very good. That said, it’s wired first for me.

1 Like

Verite O and C.

1 Like

For portable use i.e outside my home, bluetooth has become a necessary feature for me. Unless I’m trying to find the difference, in outside environment with noise and distractions, there’s not much difference between wired or wireless. Also, it’s a much more convenient setup.

I used to carry Mojo + Shanling M0 stack or iDSD Sig + Phone but the xCAN & BTR5 really spoiled me. A dongle or smaller Dac like the EarMen Sparrow are also good options for portable use.

1 Like

I am a big fan of both the BTR5 and Qudelix 5k fan for this.

You can do Bluetooth when you want or use them as a USB DAC/Amp as well. I own the BTR5, and bought it for the BT features, and have found that it is just a nice portable solution for a bunch of problems. It supports two devices at the same time, both over BT, or one on BT and one on USB.

The Qudelix 5k has one feature the BTR5 doesn’t support for TRRS, so headsets actually work connected to it. The BTR5 has a microphone on the unit instead.

1 Like

not gonna lie, this thing looks pretty dang good.

3 Likes

It does. To be honest it’s more than I even need at this point in time! Cool that it fits the “x90” footprint.

Damn I’m envious

Between this and the HA-300 Mk2 this will be tough.

16 Likes