Rumors and new releases thread

I am a big fan of both the BTR5 and Qudelix 5k fan for this.

You can do Bluetooth when you want or use them as a USB DAC/Amp as well. I own the BTR5, and bought it for the BT features, and have found that it is just a nice portable solution for a bunch of problems. It supports two devices at the same time, both over BT, or one on BT and one on USB.

The Qudelix 5k has one feature the BTR5 doesn’t support for TRRS, so headsets actually work connected to it. The BTR5 has a microphone on the unit instead.

1 Like

not gonna lie, this thing looks pretty dang good.

3 Likes

It does. To be honest it’s more than I even need at this point in time! Cool that it fits the “x90” footprint.

Damn I’m envious

Between this and the HA-300 Mk2 this will be tough.

16 Likes

MEZE Liric - Closed Back

Meze Audio launches LIRIC – its first closed-back portable planar magnetic headphone

8 Likes

I’m not sure about the design but tempted by how it might sound. I love my 99 Classics, hope the LIRIC has similar sound signature

1 Like

How crazy expensive will they be? $2K? $3K? $4K?

I really enjoyed my 99 Classic’s and would love to see a step up. But around $1K. Probably not much chance of that and it certainly wouldn’t be planar. Too bad. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

$2K apparently. Hey, at least it’s not another $4K flagship :upside_down_face:

Yeah, I was hoping for something around $1K as well.

$2K in US funds will be close on $3K after conversion and taxes, landed in Canada.

Another expensive headphone to drool over and dream about. :laughing:

1 Like

2k :flushed:. I’ll stick with my classic

1 Like

Meze Audio LIRIC retailing for $2000 / €2000 / £1850.

Makes me wonder how much they would charge for the 99 classics if they launched today. 800$? 1000$?
It’s got wood…

2 Likes

They have said publicly, multiple times, that they launched the Classic 's too low. I think they would be at least double, if they could go back. Think $599.00 to $699.00 in US $'s.

Maybe they will decide to not bother with the under $1K price range anymore. Just keep selling the Classic’s and variations forever. Much like Sennheiser and their HD6X line.

2 Likes

Looks like they’re up on headphones.com

2 Likes
3 Likes

“Diana TC” - interesting.

“We currently have an open back version available on our website, and a closed-back version will be available soon as well.”

404 Not Found – ABYSS Headphones (abyss-headphones.com)

404 Not Found, womp womp.

1 Like

Page is up now.

1 Like

Aaaaaaaaand $4500

1 Like

In case no one mentioned it so far: the new Crinacle collab “Eclipse” will be revealed on friday

4 Likes

10 Likes