Rumors and new releases thread

Crinacle’s new IEM collaboration will be called “Eclipse”:

5 Likes

Sold! :wink: hopefully it will have other attributes I like. And, you know, a reasonable price tag.

The only Dunu 11.11 Sale this year.

iBasso DC05 with MQA

I love stuff with MQA solutions build in, it makes the decision making a lot more easy. It will always be a big “No thanks”.

6 Likes

xDuoo MU-601 Desktop DAC – Apos Audio
You GOTTA have a big front toggle switch on yer DAC!

7 Likes

The huge front glass and the switch don’t match well aesthetically IMO. But the price point is nice, and getting 2 analog outs and a digital one is a unique enough feature. I wonder if you can control them individually, cause it seems like they are always on all the time, that would be an even better feature. In any case, the MU-601 could be a nice entry-level DAC to build around as you grow on the Hobby.

1 Like

Tin Hifi P1 Plus. And there comes another revision/relaunch of Tin HiFi, it would be nice if this is an improvement but considering their track record I’m not confident.

Super Review is making a live first impression right now.

3 Likes

McIntosh released an updated MC3500 MkII.

1 Like

Just received a mail from Apos:

EDIT:
Just noticed it was actually already announced here:

1 Like

Tri Audio TK2 balanced headphone amp…

4 Likes

I wish stuff like this would add bluetooth. A portable thing without the option for bluetooth makes zero sense to me.

1 Like

In case this isn’t old news:

ZMF will be selling a limited run of 50(?) epoxy resin stabilized headphones on Nov 20:

(I was blown away both by the current size of his workshop and by the production quality of this recent YT vid. No longer the Mom & Pop operation I had in my mind’s eye.)

5 Likes

Has Zach said which model the headphones will be? VC would be my guess, but I didn’t see any info on the website anywhere.

If the Gryphon did not exist, this might have been a good option for me.

It still might be for some, those who are looking for a more transparent tuning or of the price is right.

Idk about everyone else, but I couldn’t care less about Bluetooth. I never use it, but can definitely understand people who demand it.

I usually imagine a portable setup as a portable amp/dac in your pocket, but I guess some people (perhaps the majority??) use Bluetooth headphones/IEMs.

Regardless, I’m very excited about this little guy from TRI. It’s definitely an unexpected release from an IEM manufacturer.

1 Like

Without bluetooth there is a wire from phone → dac/amp → headphones. Cutting the wire from phone to dac/amp increases my ability to listen to music. Without bluetooth, 90% of my listening time is no longer possible since I am always moving around and using my phone. This is why the ifi iDSD signature was a hard no. It wasn’t the size as much as the wire to the phone.

1 Like

I use Bluetooth from time to time. Not a primary connectivity solution for me, but definitely something that gets utilized when the need arises. I find SMSL’s implementation to be very good. That said, it’s wired first for me.

1 Like

Verite O and C.

1 Like

For portable use i.e outside my home, bluetooth has become a necessary feature for me. Unless I’m trying to find the difference, in outside environment with noise and distractions, there’s not much difference between wired or wireless. Also, it’s a much more convenient setup.

I used to carry Mojo + Shanling M0 stack or iDSD Sig + Phone but the xCAN & BTR5 really spoiled me. A dongle or smaller Dac like the EarMen Sparrow are also good options for portable use.

1 Like