Rumors and new releases thread

Currently got 9 pk drivers coming alongside the 2 I already have. They are so comfortable I want my whole Gen 3 to use them.

Mx500 left
Yuin pk right

1 Like

Rumors only about music? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

SMSL su10

1 Like

FiiO Q7

The Q7 is a portable headphone amplifier developed along the lines of the flagship M17 DAP and is also the new flagship of the Q series. It features a 1.3-inch LCD screen for easy operation.

The DAC chip is the flagship ESS ES9038PRO, which supports 384kHz/32-bit and DSD256 PCM playback, and features two THX AAA-788+ headphone amplifier circuits, newly developed by FiiO and THX using THX’s proprietary technology. . Circuits of the THX AAA-788+ headphone amplifier.

Equipped with a DC power mode to further improve sound quality. Up to five gain adjustments are possible, allowing “flexible handling of everything from IEMs to the heaviest headphones.”

DC power mode

In addition to the 2.5/3.5/4.4mm headphone outputs, there is a new 6.3mm output. It also features coaxial digital input/output, a dedicated USB 2.0 port for audio, and two line outputs (3.5mm unbalanced/4.4mm balanced).

Q7 output terminals

The Q7 also features an audio circuit section with Panasonic ECHU capacitors and an ultra-high-precision crystal oscillator. It is equipped with Qualcomm’s QCC5124 SoC and supports Bluetooth including LDAC, aptX HD and aptX Adaptive.

Equipped with XMOS ‘XUF208’ USB controller chip, the USB DAC supports PCM 768kHz/32bit and DSD512 input, with MQA x8 decoding function. It is equipped with a 9,200mAh high-capacity battery for fast recharging.

4 Likes

EUR: 9999
crying-tears

2 Likes

you have a bit of a typo…it’s up to $1000 USD, nowhere near $9999 EUR :wink:

2 Likes

That seems fair

1 Like

Moondrop Stellaris is now up on Apps, going for $110

• 14.5mm planar
  • recessed 2-pin
  • stock cable 3.5mm
  • 36ohm+/-15% (@1khz)
  • 117db/Vrms (@1khz)
  • FR 10Hz-50kHz
  • VDSF target response tuning
  • UC silicone tips and T41 MIS-Tips (3 pairs each, S/M/L)
  • An Anime postcard (For those that care)
3 Likes

Try look like they eat all the cake

@juliangst
:sweat_smile: At least you tried. Didn’t see the review yet, hope at least he mentioned the not existing power of this device

8 Likes

I usually don’t yell about every product that’s not textbook perfect but when an amp is this bad people just have to know.
Z‘s reviews can be a bit misleading sometimes.

1 Like

I’m gonna actually agree with Z here. Don’t judge how something sounds until you hear it. Tube amps measure worse than solid state amps and lots of people prefer them anyway. We don’t buy equipment to measure it.

7 Likes

Certainly people should be cautious about units that measure this badly but I also agree that how it sounds is more important than how it measures. That being said, I’m not sure I’d trust any influencers or YouTube reviewers enough to base a purchase on this. I have the Dethonray Honey H1 and I really like it and like a lot what Dethonray does, but this … need more feedback from the community in general.

3 Likes

That’s why you use multiple sources for any product, to be honest. There will almost always be early adoption, and that gives some kind of a user base to go off of. On the other hand, you get written and video reviewers to give a more “professional” review. Use multiple of each

$750 USD

2 Likes

is it just me or is that a LONGGGG nozzle?

1 Like

That nozzle looks like it wants to tell Etymotic “hold my beer”

2 Likes

I’m guessing it’ll have a similar sound signature (neutral) to my latest purchase the BTR7, it should be a good alternative to something that colours the sound like the micro iDSD Signature for powering Headphones.

Bluetooth support probably means Fiio control App is required and Parametric EQ is supported.

1 Like
5 Likes

Eww… 750…more expensive than the Gryphon, didn’t expect that. But 3000mW sounds nice, hope it is not at 16 Ohm or only when a power supply is plugged in. Think the M17 had a mode like that.

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/all/products/gold-planar-gl-amt16

AMT IEM’s in coming!?

The GL-AMT16 uses a 15.5mm diameter polymer-plated metal diaphragm. Due to the unique structure of the Air Motion Transformer diaphragm, the actual area of this diaphragm can reach 55*16mm when fully expanded, which is much larger than the general planar or dynamic driver products in terms of diaphragm area. The world’s first full range IEM design by an AMT transducer technology and N52 magnet deliver a rich sound stage listen to experience in the earphone market,fast and accurate transient response.

@Michael
Have to watch this later. Hope they turn out good. At the same time I have some doubts because the “only” 50mm baby planar. Curawong sometimes get things really early, with the yamaha it makes sense I guess because he is located in japan.

1 Like