Rumors and new releases thread

I also hate the design its ugly as hell with that puke green

Never know with these damn frequency graphs I guess… looks boosted to me. Agreed on that ugly design though. Not sure what they were thinking on that one.

I am a simple man, I just want more info on the hd560s lol. Hoping they go for a ss similar to hd800/700 since I really Like the fit and comfort of the 500 series.

Tinhifi P2

10 Likes

From madlust envy’s review this just looks better extended honestly

1 Like

Although @jmwant have already posted it in another thread, A50s has officially launched. Another top-measuring amp with really impressive specs. Not really interested init, but I do think the size of it is neat and can be a really good minimalist desk solution.

1 Like

Thank fuck they look great. Hopefully they will sound as good as they look. And please for the love of all that is sacred in this world don’t let it be Harman tuned.

It looks like a right angle connector and the case look a bit like the moondrop ones which I think is good. Im pretty excited for these to come out.

The tweet says “about to receive a reservation”. Is that a poor translation if pre-orders soon?

Also another picture that shows a 4.4 in the box. Looks like interchangeable heads maybe.

5 Likes

Confirmed… Kinda

I watched the house tour of Zeos. Near the end of the video, he was burning some headphones. He mentions 5XX (Hifiman HE5XX maybe??). I might have been out of rumors lately, so maybe I haven’t heard of them.

6 Likes

5xx…that is most interesting! would fit a Senn better though, but I’d honestly hope it would be an HE, as theoretically, if it;'s a HFM collaboration, it should be superior to the Sundara.

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like a He400i 2020. Looks like a HE-500.

Sans titre

…or a 5XX yeah :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Definitely planars.

Capture du 2020-09-24 22-38-53

6 Likes

I wonder when he’s getting to the Jungson review.

The SMSL SU-9 will be out September 30th (and measures well).

3 Likes

Well, at that price it’s not a direct successor to the SU-8. I wonder how it actually sounds and if it fills the ‘void’ between the ~$200 tier of SU-8 and Modius and the $700 Bifrost 2.

It would be interesting to compare it head to head with the SU-8. It has Bluetooth and I assume newer processors, but does it sound a Lot better?

By boxing day it will likely be between $349.00 and $379.00. To me that increase would require the new model to be Much better.

The supposed 5XX looks a lot like the cups of a Sundara with the headband design of a 4XX, or the original HE-500. Interesting! No mention of a 5XX anywhere on the internet it seems after doing some Google searches.

new release…Bottlehead has made a tube energizer for Stax ear speakers.

7 Likes
3 Likes