Rumors and new releases thread

hmm thats an interesting point! I gotta look into these

1 Like

I brought up on one of the IEM threads the fact that my audiologist mentioned that my ears had changed in the three year interval since I had done my previous scans when I got new ones done last year for my Supermoons, A12ts, and a reshell of my A18s and I definitely get a better fit with the A18s with the shell from the new scan. With that in mind, when I was looking in to trying custom tips I posed some questions about how often they would need to be redone based off my experience with CIEMs and they said that the more flexible nature of the silicone means that they’d expect their custom tips to fit well for much longer that CIEM shells. They even said most people would likely be able to use a single pair of tips for the entire ownership cycle of their IEMs which the said industry research puts at about 7 years (not in this hobby! They must be talking about normies :joy:).

Note: I have chronic jaw issues due to some injuries so my ear topology changes more rapidly than most so I think most people can reliably expect their CIEMs to fit them well for longer than 3 years. As I noted in the other thread, I hadn’t noticed any fit issues with my A18s yet despite the changes my audiologist noted. I just did the reshell to see if I would notice the difference so I could’ve comfortably gone for longer between refits as well. Just something to think about so that I’m being completely fair to CIEMs.

3 Likes

Best I found so far. Inner diameter of the pads look small…

@Ohmboy MDR-MV1 thread maybe? Thanks.

3 Likes

damn expensive too!

1 Like

New entry from Dunu. Frequency response reminds me of the OG Olina.

kimagraph

1 Like

Done Brah :+1:

3 Likes

It reminds me of HeartMirror but with a bass boost

or Tin T4 with bass… I liked the treble on that with similar two peaks so this is looking nice.

And 2 Pin DUNU nice! I actually love MMCX but probably a smarter change.

What the…Kima…classic?

at least not yet another Pro/Ultra/Plus

2 Likes

wouldnt the original one be the “classic” though…

2 Likes

MegaMegaMega KilL!

Well oops.

2 Likes

I’m laughing at Dunu re-tuning Kima like that’s what people were clamoring for

2 Likes

Juzear really wants to find some market share. Okay then, carry on

2 Likes

It looks like a 30€ Bluetooth Headphone from Amazon

YAMAHA HA-L7A :flushed:

Price & specs TBA

6 Likes