Rumors and new releases thread

Interesting about BT 5.2 as Fiio advertises that it has 5.2… Also that ANC feature is nice in a device like this. Im wondering if iFi will have it as its not in their marketing. I figured the 5144 was more power hungry so Im also surprised iFi is saying they will get 7 hours on a charge vs the 3-4 on the Fiio. The battery in the units must be a lot bigger for the GO pod.

Thanks for sharing the info!

1 Like

lots of new (?) tips someone got on HF.

3 Likes

Just to save anymore off topic …

:beers:

2 Likes

What, what, what is that meant to mean? Sounds like a condescending “audio” excuse for whatever blatantly business driven motivations they have for this… but what a way to casually insult customer’s ability to make good decisions in the process :rofl:

Patronizing Season 5 GIF by ABC Network

I keep laughing at how they phrased it. “Rather than doing what anyone would normally do, and most people would expect and prefer” … while making it sound like they’ve averted some great disaster or lazy option or who knows how they’re trying to frame something normal as a negative, infomercial-like

6 Likes

Seems like ifi will release a studio verison of their zen lineup:

2 Likes

OMG the Zen line was confusing enough as it was. Why???

4 Likes

Yep kinda started with…nano and micro wtf :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I was jealous for an hour, I just got my UTWS5 a week ago (horrible App UI btw).

Then I saw that price tag like naahh 400GBP is too much for a small upgrade.

Unrelated but value proportion, that is more than a Sony NW-A307 with so much function and features already.

That one kinda sucks as well though…

what is the ‘studio’ editions call to fame? how is it different from the others?

1 Like

Touché, there are much more better DAPs on that price range. Got swayed with Sony’s “budget” pricing

XLR - 1/4 inch combination input and instead of xBass you can hear the left or right channel in mono.

Hope they learned from the Go Blu and fixed the bad range and hiss / noise on the GO pod. What So far no one mentioned, iFi typical no app. So no built in EQ like with the Fiio adapters.

2 Likes

so they drop xBass, the most revered bass boost tech on the market? boo!

and by definition, isn’t the left channel mono, cause it’s not going to the right channel? or did you mean they can set left or right channel and it will go to both driers?

1 Like

But a bass boost doesn’t belong in a studio.

You can choose to either hear only the left or right channel. Guess it will be played on both channel / drivers then.

3 Likes

true…they want everything to be as even as possible. perhaps this will find another niche within a niche and be a successful product. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got an email from Schiit about a new surround sound DAC / preamp / headphone amp called the Syn:

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World’s Most Improbable Start-Up | Page 7671 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

1 Like

Looks amazing :open_mouth:

The “Mj ölnir Thor’s Mystery” engineering machine, replaced with a brand new motherboard, should be the last confirmed version.

Super specifications Hi-end integrated playback system,

Full playback function and output terminal,

And full drive with AKM4499 DAC,

The output terminal has 3.5mm, 4.4mm, 6.5mm, 4pin XLR, analog output supports RCA, XLR, digital output has fiber, coaxial, AES, and it can also be wirelessly connected via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Mj ölnir’s headphone output drive parameters, according to the current data is 2500mW, signal-to-noise ratio is 130 dB.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered these. I dig my MM-500s so I’m pretty jacked to see what they pull off with these. I have a friend who attended the NAMM show in SoCal today who got a short listen and said that assuming the crowd noise wasn’t hiding issues then he thinks “Audeze have a winner on their hands.” We’ll see soon enough…:+1::sunglasses:

They took over Primephonic to create this feature. Primephonic was a hi-res classical only streaming service and they offered a similar feature, though it looks like they’ve developed it more for this Apple rollout.

Wait, but wasn’t it already released? I’m confused