Rumors and new releases thread

Now comes with a new motherboard installed :+1:

1 Like

That’s great news, am wondering how “old” owners feel about this.

It’s more than that… Same size driver as the HD 600/650 (by the man who designed those), biocellulose driver (IDK if it’s from Fostex), angled driver and possibly better soundstage than the HD 800, and the final tuning hasn’t been decided on yet (Axel tends to keep revising things until the very last minute) but the chains are off from what Sennheiser oversight wanted and Axel is something of a basshead personally. I’m guessing we’ll get something that sort of sounds like an HD 650 with better soundstage and more bass/more sub bass extension. There were three different prototype tunings at CanJam. Sadly, I haven’t heard any, but Axel told me he’ll send me an evaluation unit so I can share impressions. Probably will be several months away… I think the headphone will be a Christmastime release (hopefully in time to order before Christmas, but product development sometimes hits delays, you know).

4 Likes

Yeah, truly bad products don’t usually merit the time to review them.

Speaking generally, a shill is someone who pretends to be a customer, a “voice in the crowd” who conspires with the seller leave false votes of confidence. A Con man. I don’t think Zeos is a con man.

Zeos sometimes rambles or sometimes forgets to describe the sound other than “good,” and tbh he made trouble when he said the HD 58X Jubilee was the same headphone as the HD 660S with just some foam added (the former is actually an HD 560S driver, before the HD 560S was released, with more bass and placed in an HD 600 series enclosure, my bass lite HD 58X prototype doesn’t have the foam covering the whole grille and it has less bass than my HD 660S)… but at no point is he hiding that he’s a reviewer, and I think he’s honest to a fault about what things excite him and how he experienced the sound. I know I ramble sometimes, haha!

And I agree, he’s usually a cheerful and amicable guy in real life.

3 Likes

Hi!

I know it’s been a while since I’ve been lurking/commenting on the forum. Playing catch up, I saw this post, and the way you present it made me laugh. Followed by all the comments below LOL.

Also the face plates are really nice and I’m a sucker for them lol. :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

Yamaha YH-WL500

wireless, semi open, low latency (4ms), 9 hours of battery life, bluetooth support, 369€

As far as I can see the base station only has an analog 3,5mm input. Seems weird to not include a digital input.

4 Likes

son of a gun, Sonos announced their HED Unity Wi-Fi Lossless headphones too!

2 Likes

that looks like ergonomic hell…

In Germany Sennheiser started a cooperation with the audiologist “Geers” for custom ear tips. If you buy an Ie200 or higher directly from sennheiser you get a voucher for the imprints. The custom tips themself are 170€.

Or you can buy a bundle with IEM and tips:
IE200 290€
IE600 880€
IE900 custom tips for free.

Maybe Sennheiser / Sonova will Partner up with other shops in other countries.

9 Likes

Oh I like these… I heard you gotta get customs redone every so often though which would be a no go for me if true

4 Likes

xMEMS Lab is releasing a TWS that uses silicon drivers rather than coil.

5 Likes

Kef officially launched the R series with Meta Materials.

What I really like to see is the Indigo and Gold scheme. That’s one of the most beautiful finish I’ve seen for speakers.

If the folks at EarTune are to be believed, you don’t have to get custom tips redone very often at all because they’re made from flexible silicone as opposed to harder resin like CIEMs. I asked before I ordered some of their EarTune Fidelity tips to try.

1 Like

hmm thats an interesting point! I gotta look into these

1 Like

I brought up on one of the IEM threads the fact that my audiologist mentioned that my ears had changed in the three year interval since I had done my previous scans when I got new ones done last year for my Supermoons, A12ts, and a reshell of my A18s and I definitely get a better fit with the A18s with the shell from the new scan. With that in mind, when I was looking in to trying custom tips I posed some questions about how often they would need to be redone based off my experience with CIEMs and they said that the more flexible nature of the silicone means that they’d expect their custom tips to fit well for much longer that CIEM shells. They even said most people would likely be able to use a single pair of tips for the entire ownership cycle of their IEMs which the said industry research puts at about 7 years (not in this hobby! They must be talking about normies :joy:).

Note: I have chronic jaw issues due to some injuries so my ear topology changes more rapidly than most so I think most people can reliably expect their CIEMs to fit them well for longer than 3 years. As I noted in the other thread, I hadn’t noticed any fit issues with my A18s yet despite the changes my audiologist noted. I just did the reshell to see if I would notice the difference so I could’ve comfortably gone for longer between refits as well. Just something to think about so that I’m being completely fair to CIEMs.

3 Likes

Best I found so far. Inner diameter of the pads look small…

@Ohmboy MDR-MV1 thread maybe? Thanks.

3 Likes

damn expensive too!

1 Like

New entry from Dunu. Frequency response reminds me of the OG Olina.

kimagraph

1 Like

Done Brah :+1:

3 Likes