Rumors and new releases thread

Could someone explain this for those who haven’t heard of it?

Schiit made their own in house usb solution that happened to sound really good and doesn’t need a driver even on win10, now it’s on their cheapest dac, that’s pretty cool. I don’t know how it works though lol, but it sounds good and isn’t a pita to deal with, so that’s a win in my book

4 Likes

@M0N summed it up well. Functionally I like that you can toggle inputs without breaking the USB connection to the computer.

1 Like

Apparently they put Unison USB on their Gungnir dacs now (I remember it wasnt on it when I checked in september but I could be wrong)

Raspberry Pi is unique and for a certain demographic and this is like double the price. This looks like a little Pi with HiFiBerry and RoPieeXL which increases the price a little bit.

This is a worthy replacement for the now discontinued Chromecast Audio. I’d do this + a nice DAC say Topping L30 over Bluesound Node2 or the PecanPi or anything double that $260 streamer stack.

This goes here. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not that anyone is actively waiting for the next new THX amp.

But the FiiO K9 Pro AMP/DAC (AKM fire halted the 4497 supply) is now postponed to August 2021.

3 Likes

Rumored $800 MSRP… but damn it looks interesting. Do you what the main difference between the K9 and Pro will be?

Dat ass :grimacing:

5 Likes

I just stumbled upon this…

1 Like

That is a beautiful piece of Amp!

Hmm… So the differences are: color, moving the small branding above the XLR to bigger on the top, swapping an RCA input for a optical and coaxial digital inputs, updated screen, and updated DAC chip. Beyond that, everything else (on paper) is exactly the same. PCM, DXD, DSD, Output power, Frequency Response, Gain, Distortion, headphone impedance range… Everything is the same.

I think so, yes. It’s the same price as the original so I’m fine with a fresh coat of paint and a dac upgrade.

I recently stumbled across ANOTHER HE400 on Aliexpress. This time the He400se for about 160 USD.

1 Like

Also some new Gold Planar stuff.
First theres a AMT Headphone from them since a while

Then new theres the planar one for about 600Usd or a bit more for the one with double sided magnets. The Driver is 100x36mm which is kinda new atleast to me.

Iron Man edition

2 Likes

Gold Planaren are insane. they aren’t a known name…they came out with mediocre to sucky products and now they think people are going to give them $1600 for something they say is TOTL?

Fiio utws3 out on 18/12/2020

price is ¥498 in China (about 63€ or 76$)

They don’t seem to have swappable adapters like the cheaper trn bt20s pro so they better have lower hiss or higher poweroutput/battery life or app support as a selling point.

3 Likes
1 Like

Schiit Jotunheim 2

4 Likes