Rumors and new releases thread

Nice design.

out already, $40 without mic, $43 with mic

4 hours until reveal.

2 Likes

Leaked and already taken down review but saved by the waybackmachine

2 Likes
1 Like

its interesting, I might buy one myself.

I would take sound impressions from these tech reviewers with a huge grain of salt though.

2 Likes

Beat me to it.

1 Like

Never. But I found the touch commands interesting. Overall it looks cool and seems to be comfortable. As for sound quality I would wait for your input.

1 Like

I looked to see if anyone a bit more audio focused had their hands on them yet, but my search didn’t turn up anyone.

With huge companies like Sony, you are less likely to see the normal folks get review samples. I think I’ve seen Sony work with Joshua Valour in the past, but as you can see, Sony is much more likely to cooperate with the BIG guys like Linus or Marques Brownlee

Yes, they are aiming at the mainstream market. not the niche that is the audiophile market.

1 Like

Bingo. Couldn’t have said it better

1 Like

lifestyle product… so sent to YouTube influencers, not experienced audio critics.

2 Likes

More! :slight_smile:

Least I got a good laugh out of it, but hey who knows maybe it’s good

4 Likes

Yup… Idk, these big personalities are just entertainment, media, press. They are “never” sponsored, but essentially they are always positive.

As a person who always made sure to get the most out of my money, I realized at an early age that if I want to know if I want to buy something, these big YouTubers aren’t it. “It sounds lovely” tells absolutely nothing about the product. The video feels just like a big promotion, like an ad. It’s not educative nor does it tell you anything about the product.

I mean, I spent years observing these people, it’s just :poop:.

For example, Unbox Therapy can be entertaining, and at least he tells you what he is listening to and gives a comment about specific sound qualities, but something like this vid from iJustine, what did you get out of it after you finished watching it? I can’t say that I walked away with any sort of real knowledge about the product.

Howeverrr, I guess it makes sense for the masses. Who would want to stick around and listen to some real details about the product and listen to professional critical evaluation? Right?

3 Likes

I am interested in these mostly for listening to podcasts or audiobooks. I would not expect them to compete with any well tuned IEM’s.

1 Like

It’s exciting just to see something new.

I think it has great potential with people like me, who cannot use ear-buds because they are too uncomfortable.

I’m really interested as to how these Sony’s fit inside the ear.

1 Like

I look forward to a TWS that has little suctions cups to make it adhere to your ear cartilage and hold it in place, and yet doesn’t fight you when you wish to adjust or remove it :wink:

2 Likes
2 Likes