Rumors and new releases thread

Oh crap lol.

I am hoping/assuming they will pass around a few review units before they go up for sale. When I read my first review is when I know they are actually coming.

lol yeah. I wonder if they are having measurement issues cause like monoprice isn’t really known for their dacs and with new dacs coming out everyday competition is tight especially with topping wreaking havoc with good value buys being released. that and rona is probably causing things to be delayed. the liquid spark itself was delayed release for years then monoprice got the licences and designs and decided to make it a desktop amp after cavelli retired.

1 Like

:telescope::eyes: guy’s anyone got any new info on the Tin P2?

aside from the packaging not really

there is this mystery IEM from their twitter most likely the p2

Them connectors…taken from a Blon 03? :joy:

I asked their store on aliexpress and they said they have plans to release it this month.

3 Likes

as spark is and probably always will be my favorite budget amp… curious how this stack pairing will turn out. Perhaps a replacement to the D10 or E30 in this combo

Does this have both a lid and a drawer? Dang that’s fancy.

Yeah I thought so too. The whole top will probably present just the iem and the drawer will be the accessories. Tin hifi will probably be always the kind of Chifi packaging the t4 was one of the nicest unboxing experiences by a Chifi company I’ve had

I’m curious as to if they will be tuned any different… Though I might give the Stardust a try when it comes out, partially cause I really like the look that much more.

According to reports they didn’t change the tuning. I think the name comes from the fact that it uses the starfield cable cause it’s supposed to change the sound and the paint job

Eh, so long as it’s not too much more, I might try the Stardust over the SSR, again, for appearance. I’m not a believer of the cable changing the sound, and a paint job is just an aesthetic choice. So if the tuning is the same, then I may wait and see how they price the Stardust.

They have priced it, its limited run only on one website for about 100usd so not cheap for sure. I really liked the looks as well. Outside of watches there are not many fashionable tech options for those that are not of the apple mindset LOL IEMs can be amazing tho!

1 Like

Ouch… Do you have the link?

Yeah, not an Apple fan by any means.

I actually haven’t heard much of anything or seen anything for the SSP beyond it mentioned here by you, and one, maybe two times on Facebook in one of Moondrop’s posts.

http://www.aboutaudio.org/news-moondrop-announces-the-new-stardust/

That is where I read up on it.

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.6.4b2fceeac4wU0Q&id=624000642900&skuId=4415528417989&user_id=2946138504&cat_id=2&is_b=1&rn=54ea710804e3fb8a4850a2487374adee

Looking at the Tmall listing, it may acutally be close in price to the OG SSR, if it were in Chinese Yuan it would be about 43$… Might be cool to try an get at that price. But shipping Importing etc. so no telling.

1 Like

Yeah, the page pulls up Taobao and the USD price listed is $53.06, though it’s not showing quite the same on my laptop… but then again, I can’t read Chinese, and thusly can’t understand most of what I’m seeing.

Yea I was using some heavy Google translate lol

Eh, it’s out of stock