Rumors and new releases thread

Moondrop mentioned some more info on the SSP here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rikudougokus-database-iems-earbuds-ranking-list-music-list-statistics.925319/page-27#post-15801059

1 Like

If I recall, they are supposed to be released at the beginning of next month

Hmmm I wonder what else is in store :thinking:

6 Likes

is that a reference to the iFi Zen series?

Probably a new product to be added in the same series. Maybe a dedicated DAC :thinking:

1 Like

thar was my thought too.

That’s probably the only logical next product that should be released to “complete” the Zen lineup of products.

Honestly this make me real excited since I’ve been eyeing a Zen Can and would love to pair it with a Zen dedicated DAC.

I mean it kind of already exists with the drop release. and jus like Drop can and the Zen Can I can see a dedicated Zen Dac be a thing

1 Like

honestly give me just a DAC for like $80 and you got a best seller. the d10, d10s needs more competition aside form thje donal dac cause the modi aint cutting it and the liquid spark is in development hell

1 Like

wonder if their trying to kill their original Zen.

I personally doubt it. I feel like they’re going for the Separates/Stack and AIO options. Probably to compete with JDS labs

1 Like

I don’t know why they would

Beyerdynamic T1 and T5 have now hit the 3rd generation.

1 Like

Interesting - they physical design seems a bit less special than previous gen(no machining on the yoke, less interesting cup design) but overall I like the cleaner look. Wonder what the sound difference will be. The most striking thing is that unlike the previous T1 which was declared as “semi-open” the new one is just open.

I considered the previous gen briefly(lots of used deals on them here in Europe), but in the end came to the conclusion that if I were to buy anything from Beyerdynamic it would be the 1990. Interesting to see how the new gen will stack up. $999 seems like a lot but apparently the previous gen had even higher MSRP in the beginning?

Anyone got any more info on the P2 yet.?

Looks like it’s a separate class a amp. Interesting choice rather than doing the separate dac as people speculated.

Edit:

Actually seems pretty sweet. Kinda curious now lol

1 Like

iFi just posted that teaser image earlier this week, so I’m not sure what is up their sleeve as far as something other than the Blue, DAC, and CAN.

The CAN has been out for over a month, and its pretty decent for what it is. I preferred using it with other DACs (rather than Zen DAC) as keeps up with higher end dacs and headphones fairly well.

3 Likes

Oh my bad. I thought the can had only been released on drop. Probably will be a separate dac then.

Thanks

drop is the ‘Signature 6xx CAN’.

1 Like

ifi Zen Phono announced.

4 Likes