Rumors and new releases thread

The discrepancy is due to a different voltage used under testing. Topping used 3v and ASR standard for unbalanced is 2v. If you do a power calculation they are inline.

1 Like

Budget 1 DD IEM from 7HZ

2 Likes

$20 with a detachable cable, and graphs similar to the Chu, but with a tiny bit more sub-bass, and a bit less in the 5-8k span. Linsoul has it up on their store already. It uses a 10mm dynamic driver with metal composite diaphragm.

edit - If I hadn’t just ordered the TRI x HBB Kai, I might have ordered one of these, but I really don’t need another IEM.

3 Likes

I was on vacation last week, but I hadn’t heard about this one. I saw a video from ian fann.

Everything up to 1.5k is right at the Bad Guy Target, but there is a 5k spike that wasn’t my thing. Ian said, no sibilance but no sparkle either, which doesn’t quite match his graph.

Closed-back Sundara with stealth magnets coming for $400, available in August.

Link

Guess they were not brave enough to go with the R9/R10 ear cup design this time.

14 Likes

Whoa, that’s unexpected. I sure hope it has bass this time.

2 Likes

Looks a lot better than Chu to me

1 Like

if it’s somewhere between the HE560v4 and Sundara… might replace my DCA closed X

i really really want a closed back planar hifiman that doesn’t suck. i’ve been toying around with the idea of 3d printing some closed back grills with some damping in them for an he6 but if the closed back sundara doesn’t suck i’d be all over it.

3 Likes

A post about the initial impressions on the 7HZ Salnotes Zero from Super* Review

RIP Chu. Maybe Aria.
Disclaimer: I’ve barely listened to it so far, but initial impressions (and the squig) are very good. $23 :flushed:

1 Like

so, Drop + Etymotic have a collab they’re calling the ERX, which is a hybrid between the ER4XR and their EVO. 300 units @ $250 and once sold out goes to the $300 price it will list for regularly.

3 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

3 Likes

Moondrop Dark Blue Kato

New Linsoul (Thieaudio / harmonicdyne) Planar, also competing with the Moondrop Venus that should release next week.

Kinera Gramr cable with mic boom for IEMs is official and cheaper than expected!

3 Likes

It finally got a date! I’m totally getting this

1 Like

Someone else pointed out that the THIEAUDIO Wraith has some resemblance to the Timsok TS-1024.

Oh, I thought to myself “I know this design” was thinking of the Timsok but didn’t look it up and saw how similar they are. They look quite good, not a fan of brown so the point goes to the Wraith.

Wonder about the Moondrop Void and Venus. Void should have been released yesterday and the Venus next Monday, pretty quiet so far.

While the design language is similar to the Timsok I just noticed this one is an oval headphone. According to Linsoul with a 97mm driver. I hope it’s not just another of those 97x76mm planars that are in the Aiva, P2, HF580 and so on

2 Likes