Rumors and new releases thread

I recently went back and listened to the PII from Sivga, very, very weird and unusual tonality.

Just pulled the trigger on it! Kinera recommended going through AliExpress for the free shipping

Could you share AliExpress link? I cannot find their official store, AE browser works like shit and their official website does not allow shipment to Poland of all countries.

They said it will take 3 days to put it on their official store but their distributor has it on their store so they told me to order from there

US $49.00 | Kinera Gramr Modular Microphone Boom Mic Upgrade Cable ( 3.5mm + 4.4mm )

2 Likes

Hmm, I did not know it is both 3.5mm and 4.4mm. I don’t get the 4.4mm pinout with mic though and I don’t know any device having in line mic option on this kind of termination. But maybe that is for the music listening then. But still - having that option is better than having none

1 Like

The mic will not work with the 4.4mm. You just can choose between 3.5mm with mic or 4.4mm without mic. Both need 4 wires so both is possible. Great idea to have the possibility to go balanced when there is no need for a mic.

1 Like

Yes, you are right obviously :slight_smile:

Crazy, TWS just beat chifi iems in coming out with a DD + Planar combo.

IP52
Qi wireless charging
LDAC, AAC, SBC

8 Likes

Looks like a ba not a planer. A planer needs to be bigger IMO

Kbear Ormosia, the latest Wear down design IEMs with 1DD+1BA configuration.

1 Like

Little leak about the Sennheiser Momentum 4

(translated link)

1 Like

I think I’m most excited for these - I love the Meze 99 and Meze products in general. I would definitely be willing to give these a shot.

RS2 officially announced for pre-order. 479$, no BT, no WiFi, R2R, 10h playback.

5 Likes

Specs seems quite bad for something that is supposedly 100% dedicated to sound. (no bt, wifi nor android)

3 Likes

Probably more of a device to use and listen to rather than specs sheet.
Some of those features missing by-design. There’s lots of alternatives shooting for the alternative.

GoldenSound posted on Reddit that there will be a new Focal Utopia in September

10 Likes

IER-Z1R is discontinued!

3 Likes

Wow, hopefully the don’t abandon the driver config or the high end sphere. They need to keep pushing imo.

Yeah. Its been 3 years since this came out. Which actually seems in line with their release dates for their XBA-A and N series.

1 Like

I also noted that they are out of stock everywhere for months… let’s hope for an even better Z2R.

1 Like