Rumors and new releases thread

Done - Cheers
:beers:

3 Likes

5 Likes

If Samsung could only fix their broken SBC implementation or get over themselves and implement aptX :frowning:

Tempoptec Variations V6 DAP has some first impressions from Eric Lab and Jürgen from audioreviews and all what was said up until this point is heavy praise! Expected 270 bucks on Kickstarter for this bad boy

3 Likes

Another interesting hybrid. Planar + BA <100$

3 Likes

Hart Audio Cables has new iem cables and basic replacment cables for headphones.

5 Likes

xDuoo released a SPDIF / Toslink DAC with bass and treble tone control. Would like to see some measurements about the tone control. Expect the bass shelf to go too high up into the mids like on the Poke 2 I tried, unfortunately.

Some new BLON

and a DETHONRAY Pegasus SG1 bluetooth DAC/AMP. Wonder if it will have any app / EQ.

2 Likes

That price isn’t too bad… Looks like a chonky boy, and I can’t help but to wonder about the lack of any kind of specs… No listing of which Bluetooth codecs it supports, or power ratings…

https://www.dethonray.com/pegasus-sg1-2/

Specifications:
Input Through Bluetooth
Output 3.5 Single End/4.4 Balance
Bluetooth SBC,MP3,AAC,APT-X , APTX-L,APTX-LL,APTX-HD,LDAC, etc
Frequency Response 20Hz-20kHz
THD 0.008%
SNR 115db
Single End 2.4V(32Ω)
Balanced 2V(32Ω)
DAC Chip ES9038Q2M
Chassis CNC aluminum alloy
Dimensions 118x 58 x 16(mm)
Weight 186g
Battery Life 3.5 Output:8.5 hours 4.4 Output:6 hours
Charging 5V 2A/3.5 Hours
Battery 4000 mAH

Seems weird though. 2.4V SE and 2V Balanced? Less than 4V would be pretty weak for such a big boy. No mention about input via USB and the battery life is quite low too but you can change the “timbre with different firmware”.

I do hate when they put power ratings as volts rather then watts. Otherwise, I agree, it is weird that the “balanced” output would be less then the single ended. The fact that it’s not higher makes me think it’s another instance of putting the plug there without actually making it balanced.

Then the different run time wouldn’t make sense.

Well, for higher impedance things it is kind of okay-ish, still stupid though but for low impedance planar you really want to know the power output before the device runs out of current.

Guess later they will add more specs or L7 / ASR will provide some measurements.

They are up: Measurements of DETHONRAY SG1 BT DAC/HPAmp - L7Audiolab

Looks okay, with some quirks … I am digging the red color.

1 Like

Looks okay? Are we looking at different things? SINAD of 30, today standard is like 110+, and power output less than 20mW on both outputs.

This is the biggest piece of crap I have ever seen. Hope it is a defective unit or so…

• No USB DAC.
  • 10 Ohm SE / 40 Ohm Balanced output impedance.
2 Likes

True!
But I believe(hope) you are right on being a defective prototype. From some of the forums where it is starting to show up it get good word comparing it to other bluetooth dac/amp.

1 Like

I was surprised by the measurements too.
Looks absolutely terrible. Even tube amps are at least twice as good.

2 Likes

New 8 channel Minidsp Flex released. They also updated all their software

4 Likes

Looks really modern now. Thought of getting the balanced flex to highpass my LS50 and apply room correction without the need of a PC

2 Likes

Master post on the Expo going on in China now.

https://weibo.com/u/1883335475

Dunu showed their TALOS model, a Planar + 2 BA config. With a switch that toggles between pure planar or planar + 2 BA setup.

Moondrop Alice TWS

Tanchjim Space, CS43131

Tanchjim KARA, DD + 4 BA

6 Likes

that DAC / Amp is adorable!

3 Likes

Also mentioned: Teasers for the 3 Moondrop open-back headphones + their graphs

7hz is going to make 2 headphones

8 Likes