Rumors and new releases thread

NX7 with DAC and BT? <250$ I hope

3 Likes

Tried to find out the power output. Found the manual online. Tiny bit less powerful with 1200mW compared to the NX7 with 1400mW but still impressive with more power than a iFi gryphon.
No bass boost or something…Maybe it comes with an app for EQ…Guess that’s too much to ask for.

(wrong preview picture)

Measured 14.0cm x 7.0crn x1.8cm
Weight 265g
Power input DC5V/1 .2A (USB TypeC port)
Signal input USB/BT/AUX
Line out output 3 5mm headphone output jack
Headphone amp output 3.5mm headphone output jack, 4.4mm headphone output jack
Battery capacity 4000mAh
Charge time <5H
Playback time USB G=L/M >9H
G=H >6.5H
G=L/M >10H
BT
G=H >8H
AUX G=L/M >25H
G=H >13H

USB IN PCM 44.1kHz-768kHz/16bit-32bit
DSD DSD64-DSD512 (Native), DSD64-DSD256 (DoP)
BT IN AAC/SBC/APTX/APTX LL/APTX HD/APTX-Adaptive/LDAC

|Output Power|
1000mW x 2 @16 THD+N<0.1%|
| — | — |
|1200mW x 2 @32 THD+N<0.1%|
|720mW x 2 @64 THD+N<0.1%

A xDuoo poke II with 700mW (over balanced) is priced at $400, the Gryphon $600. Wouldn’t be surprised if the G5 will be around ~$400 too.

Enter pairing mode: Switch Gain L→ M→L→M→L→M within 5 seconds, status indicator flashes to mean G5 has entered pairing mode. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Edit one day later:

( TLDR: 119dB SINAD, 153mW 300 Ohm, 1020mW 32 Ohm )

6 Likes

You may be right unfortunately I suppose

1 Like

If they manage to squeeze it at ~300 USD, I’d still think it’s fair for a product with this much power and features.

2 Likes

7hz hp

10 Likes

Seems heavy, but sound is still king. Hopefully doesnt break the bank…

It looks HUGE though. Surprised a chinese company came out with that.

2 Likes

oh dear…it looks big, heavy, plastic, flimsy and chintzy.

3 Likes

only part that actually looks like plastic is the headband adjustment part rest looks like wood and metal

time will tell…

I think it looks pretty nice! At least it doesn’t look like so many other headphones. It has it’s own style. I can definitely respect that.

2 Likes

Feels like someone heard me :laughing:, Topping G5 on Apos is 300$.

3 Likes

Looks very shite. Would give it $50 value max (base don this render and design).

Fiio makes linear power supplies now. Don’t know much about these things, tried to figure out with which devices this thing is compatible because the connection looks weird.

https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/689560.html

1 Like

Looks like it’s using a specific barrel plug, likely one that is compatible with their own amps etc

2 Likes

ASR (I know Amir is persona non grata for a part of community, but still) published review of G5. There is quite big filtering issue with very early roll-off at high frequencies (which I guess may be corrected in some FW update), but other than that stellar Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp) | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

1 Like

Damn, now I really want to sell my NX7

1 Like

I am also very tempted but I just bought a BTR7 and want to have some EQ functions so… I Want a Qudelix 10k or so to be released, a 1000mW+ version of the Qudelix 5k with a knob.

2 Likes

Have there been any rumors from Qudelix on something new? Thinking they must be working on the “next gen” right even if the current 5K is brilliant.
(I know its a wish :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Unfortunately I didn’t hear anything about a new product from them. Last thing was the strange T71. Guess I could always daisy chain a 5k or BTR5/7 to a topping NX7 but turning on and charging 2 devices every time… nah…