Rumors and new releases thread

The naming X8000 like the “normal” flagship D8000 lets me think the same.

3 Likes

You can bet on that. When the very first thing you see is “HIGH END” that tells me everything I need to know! It’ll be overpriced. Snore…

Had the original OH10 for a while and quite liked it. Hope Ikko doesn’t butcher their most liked model. Everything that came after the OH10 seems to be on “meh” side. No heavy copper shell anymore (I think, it says alloy now). L & R indicator are switched on the pictures??

2 Likes

maybe spicy for you, looking from the other side it is getting pricier for me :pensive:

They are still popping out $100 and under sets too. Frankly, that price bracket is oversaturated with good choices now.

They’re just hitting a less tapped price bracket too

1 Like

I suppose this is probably the best place for this? Some amp testing of the Modhouse Tungsten with Ryan.

4 Likes

8xxx? Must be a flagship.

1 Like

50mm
$359.00 USD

3 Likes

Woaahh, these look crazy! I’m hoping it doesn’t cost anything too insane. I’d like to give them a try.

A more affordable H7… Super tempting

1 Like

Dude, that output impedance is kind of insane… 6.6 Ω at 32dB out of the balanced output? That could result
In some funky sound sigs potentially

1 Like

Yeah it’s pretty insane. I wonder if they are gearing these more to headphones and buds?

3 Likes

$3800…not to bury the lede

lol but to be fair that’s not even TOTL IEM money and it’s seems pretty versatile if you’re in the market for such a thing :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I think I’m saying that more to iFi than you. They give you the whole sheet of specs and flowery words, and tell you how amazing this is, and you’re thinking you have an idea how expensive it’ll be.

Then at the very bottom of the page they say it’s $3750. And then you’re like, yeah I’m going to have to steal a couple of kidneys to sell, to afford that

2 Likes

I think iFi are still owned by Abbingdon Music Research? which is/was a high end audio manufacturer, if that’s still true then the asking price is small change for what looks like a versatile amp… reviewer’s @WaveTheory come on :+1:

Considering that the alternatives are things like the LTA Z10e and the upcoming RSA B-21 Raider, it’s pretty cheap. There aren’t a ton of options out there that let you use one amp for e-stats and dynamics/planars.

I’ve requested a review unit. That’s about all I can do unless someone wants take $3800 for the team :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m not saying/arguing it does anything less than their specs. Assuming it’s amazing. That is still A PAINFUL amount of money for me to consider spending.

Whew boy!

1 Like