Rumors and new releases thread

If someone wants to gift you one, I’ll dispose of it when you’re done reviewing it.

calling @ShaneD !!! do you have yours on pre-order yet? we wanna know how it stacks up to the previous iCAN! :slight_smile:

That’s over $5K in Canuck bucks! WAY out of my league.

3 Likes

I’ve only got so much to give! :sob: :rofl:

1 Like

Probably not the right place to ask about it but I don’t want to create a thread for it.

What happened to r/headphones? It’s private now?
Or did I get blocked? I wouldn’t know why though…

1 Like

Various subreddits are having a bit of a protest against some dumb changes that reddit is making, by taking the subreddits private. Some did two days, some are doing it until monday, some indefinitely, none of that will probably do much.

7 Likes

OMG, THEY WENT GERMAN!!! sad…I only speak English :frowning:

1 Like

Hope you are ready that every person / position / job is written in the male and female version from now on. :sweat_smile:

“the waiter*ress is bringing the food”…

1 Like

9 Likes
2 Likes

Ordered mine last week.

I think this is a pretty new release in the “beefy dongles” category: EPZ TP30
Seems to compete with the FiiO KA5 at a lower price, same DAC as the KA3, same output power as KA5 for SE and BAL (max. 270 mW@32), higher THD+N but should still be inaudible. The bad parts are that gaudy-ass golden (nickel? alloy?) plating and the weird published output impedance of 32 ohms, which is probably a copy-paste mistake.

2 Likes

Or like an KA3 with added HW volume buttons, but without an Android app? Both being ES9038QM2 i think. HW volume is really nice to have especially for sensitive IEMs, if the Dongle has lots of volume steps.

I fell for the new Tempotec Sonata BHD Pro. But it is likely quite many weeks away before hitting my mailbox. Tempotec says they are going to release 6 different sound signature FW as I understood it. Got KA1, KA3, DC03 Pro and a few Apple dongles EU and US variants to compare with.

1 Like

Mhh, I think a reviewer on YT was saying those only control the SW volume though.

280 mW@32, nice. Seems the industry is inching ever closer to getting that BTR7-level output of 320 mW in cheaper and smaller devices. May not be a long wait until I can replace my BTR3 with something than can power the 400i to painful levels (well, almost, I decided I wanted 118 dB out of them, and that’s exactly 320 mW; pain is officially supposed to be 120 dB).

1 Like

Anyone thinking about picking up the XDUOO XD05 PRO when and if it ever launches?

5 Likes

they’ve been teasing it on facebook should be soon
probably out of my price range for gear I’d currently consider unless it’s worth replacing my desktop setup lol

1 Like

Rumors are $899 i was thinking about it and replacing my iFi Stack sometimes I find the iFi too coloured.

Open the trunk and switch DAC modules! Cool idea I wonder if it will fly?
The additional modules not included it seems.

Of my 3 iFis the most neutral to me is the Diablo. Zen Stack HFM, Micro iDSD Silver and the others I have heard have the iFi house sound. Which can pair really well with many IEMs and headphones.

I tried it at Munich, was very good sounding, but still needed some work.
I really like the design, kind of, they need to remove the round metal bit on the top and just make the glass translucent. The card design for voltage is great.
Wont buy it thought.

2 Likes