Rumors and new releases thread

Now released. Interesting driver config. If these are good let me know so I can put them on the short list to buy.

2 Likes

by yours truly @hawaiibadboy

1 Like

Well pulled the trigger, aledged new driver tech plus bone conduction is worth the shot imo. Thanks for the share.

1 Like

What bone conduction? Did I miss something?

What bone conduction? Did I miss something?

grafik

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A New Zeus without bass roll off… I liked the Zeus while I had it. Wonder if it is more closed / damped now or how did they achieve the bass shelf.

3 Likes

It’s a bit of one, but not necessarily a huge one, IIRC the original was £1k new

If I read it correctly:

• the DD is for bass
  • the 2BA is for miss
  • the planar is for treble (from 4kHz)
  • the piezo is for “ultra highs”

So don’t expect BC bass or anything like that.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what made me confused…

When I see “bone conduction” I read it as the kind of BC that UM or FirAudio offer in their IEMs to make the bass rumble. Couldn’t imagine piezo driver being responsible for anything like it.

all bone conduction is done via piezo AFAIK. Mest MKII uses a piezo for BC

1 Like

Meanwhile Kinetic Bass in Fir Audio’s models is based on a DD.

Kinetic Bass technology features a 10mm dynamic driver that is open and ported in an optimized manner directly facing the outside of the IEM shell. This allows low frequency sound to be transmitted directly to the ear cartilage and surrounding area. These low frequencies are converted to kinetic energy and reach the inner ear via bone conduction.

1 Like

Nope, MOST of them are but there IS the type that is used in the Empire Ears stuff that is like a haptic feedback thing (think of ur phone vibrations) that is actually doing the bass.

3 Likes

I got the dual shock 2 in my ears man…

4 Likes

I have actually played around with BC´s like that, it sure is fun.

(although that was in an earbud so meme tier but in an iem that is something I wished more would use…)

3 Likes

well I did say AFAIK lol. I wonder what shokz uses? Its pretty crazy how much sound can be pushed via BC

probably more like haptic feedback/DD.

Like that from Huayunxin (OEM).

1 Like

Simgot DEW4 Pure

• 2x CS43131 DAC
  • 3,5mm SE
  • 4,4mm balanced
  • Volume buttons (independent from smartphone volume or not?)
  • Hi/Lo gain

Intro 369 Yuan
RRP 399 Yuan ($55)
Edit: Prices likely higher outside China.

I think its CNC metal chassis.

Simgot_DEW4_Pure
Simgot_DEW4_Pure_2

3 Likes

Simgot EM6L

• 1DD+4BA
  • 3-way crossover
  • 0,78mm 2-pin
  • H-2019 curve
  • 26ohm
  • 119dB/Vrms

Intro 666 Yuan
RRP 698 Yuan ($97)
Edit: Prices likely higher outside China.

Faceplate looks superclean, no fuzz. Hoping its metal and not plastic.

3 Likes

the buttons don’t look very recognizable from each other. so you may get volume up instead of down from your pocket…

2 Likes

I was not expecting this to be $97. I think this may be an instant buy for me…

2 Likes