Rumors and new releases thread

Yeah that is nice. Sole factor that gives it a slight edge over the Qudelix 5k.

Just a shame it is still only on BT 5.1…thats from january 2019.

1 Like

Oh well nvm then lol. I don’t need 4.4mm that bad. There is no excuse for 5.1

2 Likes

And Shanling firmware updates:
(I’ve always been impressed by their long term firmware updates)

Firmware Updates

Firmware V2.5 for M1s

Firmware V1.75 for M3X

Firmware V1.42 for M7 & V1.23 for M3 Ultra

Firmware V2.0 for ECMini, V1.6 for EC3 & V1.3 for EH3

Firmware Update for M9, M9 Plus, M8, M6 Ultra & the 4 versions of M6

I’m a little confused by how they keep harping on how temperature resistant elements in the IEM are:

Either:

• They ran out of any actual features to talk about
  • People leave their IEMs on their dashboard for 4 hours
  • People often drop their IEMs while running the grill
  • People like to listen to music while working in nuclear reactors

bass_21

5 Likes

its up.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006182197474.html

5 Likes

Actually, a higher temperature resistance with the voice coil means that you can feed it with more power and thus make it play louder. Because the power that is fed into the driver isnt converted 1:1, it is also converted into heat and thus the more power you feed into it, the hotter the VC gets and if it cant handle that heat, it will kill the driver. So that is legitimiately a real and positive thing to have.

BUT it is also not really useable since at those volumes you be killing your own ears way before the driver dies.

For example with speakers.

Do not know if this is as inefficent with smaller DDs like in iems and buds though.

2 Likes
  • SBTRK Listeners :smile:

Man it’s super tempting, especially with 340mW out @32ohm in high power.

Still gonna pass cause I can’t bring myself to buy an audio device with anything less than 5.2 BT. Honestly Q5k is good enough that I won’t get anything BT focused unless it’s got 5.3

1 Like

I just can’t imagine feeding enough power to a DD that close to my eardrum that I want to make sure the voice coil can survive 240 degrees celsius, but I’m no electrical engineer maybe it can be a real concern.

None of my IEMs warm up.

1 Like

yeah as I mentioned it is not a worry at the volumes and power we feed into the iems as its literally up to only like 4mw…

4 Likes

I always appreciate the extra information you bring to different topics :+1:

4 Likes

Interesting. When I get sometime later today, I’ll be curious to compare this to the BTR7. I know the 15 is more so an upgrade to the BTR5, but with a smaller form factor and the addition of a 4.4, it could be an interesting alternative to the BTR7.

3 Likes

Earlier than I thought.

Was looking out for the Q15, didn’t know the btr15 was just around the corner.

6 Likes

hm lets wait and see what they charge here in germany for it but it could be a good 2nd dongle to my 5k if i forget to load it and also eliminate my adapters :smiley:

Maybe Xenns should use some of that tech so thier drivers don’t keep dying and getting channel imbalance. I am still salty my UP are so bad.

2 Likes

That should not be the reason at all unless you are playing at like over 110db.

Besides wiring, from what I see around (the few cases when an IEM is dissected after failure to check it out) the diagnosis seems to be moisture causing driver failure more commonly than anything else - I believe that was the case with the OG Teas.

What about the design is concentrating moisture or at least not keeping it out as much as IEMs (or makes the driver material more susceptible to the same amount of moisture)? I don’ t know.

Yeah it is a bio driver.

Which can be made out of paper and moisture is not a good thing for them.

Tea 2 I have no clue what diaphragm they use as they dont specify anything there. (usually means it is a PET diaphragm if they dont mention it.)

2 Likes

May God preserve my Serials!

No one likes soggy cereal. :frowning:

Biocellulose gets some of my favorite results to date, in the low end.

9 Likes

If you are worried I would stuff some low density tuning foams in the nozzle, which should have no effect on sound or next to none while it would absorb the moisture instead of letting it deeper into the shell and onto the diaphragm.

2 Likes

I love in Vancouver in a temperate rain forest I was doomed LOL!

2 Likes