Rumors and new releases thread

godam that looks hella slick

I might do it, I can’t decide

exclusive shot of my wallet rn

1 Like

The last six weeks has been rough on my finances.

I setting aside money for a Rikubuds Berserker 3. I am really enjoying the other earbuds that were his recs before it became a conflict.

7 Likes

Yeah I’ve kinda decided to stall all purchases until we see what’s up with DaVinci, if it’s not my up my alley then I’ll buy the stuff I wanted but if it is good then ripbozo for my wallet

2 Likes

I am also curious about DaVinci, I skipped Chopin, but enjoyed Galileo.

My money issues were a big mix of car issues, taxes, and then moving one of the kids. This has been a weird month, and I am ready for May.

4 Likes

1 Like

Every new month is wack with this hobby, either it’s silent or complete chaos with releases that keep stepping over each other

5 Likes

Just wait there is some definite market disruptors about to hit in the next few months.

Ones I am looking forward to is The DaVinci seems well tuned well priced.

New Myer-Audio/ Pula 1+4+2 Tribrid looks spectacular on paper hopefully a more technical PA02 with tighter bass.

Oriveti Flagship 1+4+4 looks killer

Katori Audio - Vampire single BA

Simgot Supermix 4 is going to crush huge!

EM10 same deal. 2024 year of the Simgot!

New Plungies in the works from Canada

And the AFUL EXPLORER 3 is very close out in reviewer ears now.

Oh boy what fun times ahead!

11 Likes

Supposedly there is a 4 or 5 BA set from Thieaudio in the works too

4 Likes

Interesting hopefully some Knowles Sonion mix

1 Like

Out of those I’m definitely looking forward to the DaVinci, the 1+4+2 and that vampire one looks sick that I might have to grab it

The super mix 4 I’m wary because I liked Quintet but to my ears that was safe vanilla I’m hoping SM4 is something sick

The Simgot Tribrid looks like a flagship and I don’t think I’d be able to buy it fast enough without it getting redundant by the time I have the funds lol. Same goes for the Oriveti.

That 1+4+2 is high up on my watchlist if it has the sparkle I like, just checked pricing for vampire, basically guaranteed to buy it. Hopefully it’s matching if not better than IE200

1 Like

Might be a PULA might be a Myer-Audio all I can share

5 Likes

Initial impressions of the Simgot SuperMix 4 by SuperChonk :+1:

4 Likes

we don’t have public info on the 1+4+2 driver types right lol

I’m not the biggest fan of those faceplates but I know they can get some really sick looking patterns

2 Likes

Just started watching, haven’t got far. But the BA placement shown in the box art (right in the nozzle) has me at least reserved about these based on past experience. However the build looks great and I’m a Simgot fan for sure.

Finished watching, seems like to his ears the mids weren’t adversely affected by it so that’s good for one take at least.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Didn’t expect something like that. Closed-back
belonging to the HD6-- line is a pretty tall order, let’s hope it will not repeat HD820’s fate.

5 Likes

So it looks like Schiit Audio will finally be releasing Gungnir 2 in the near future. Now I have to see if I will still go for a Yggdrasil as my next upgrade or not. lol

4 Likes

I have the Modi Multibit on the wishlist to try first but I am glad that these upgraded revisions are coming out. I would expect no less from those talented mad scientists! :grin:

1 Like

$349 preorder
$399 regular

From Drop:
Note: The Drop + grell OAE1 Signature is limited to 1,000pcs. All orders, including international orders, ship free. Shipping discount is automatically added at checkout.

Update: Thank you for the overwhelming support and interest! The first 100pcs were sold within one hour from launch. We’ve now sold over a half of the available quantity.

4 Likes

early reviews seem to say it’s good sound wise. but that headband does not look like it’ll hold up for very long or be comfortable

1 Like