Rumors and new releases thread

thin sheets of silk can cancel and / or reflect the sound back at the source.

this is pretty neat!

3 Likes

Affordable meze open back. The 105 AER.

4 Likes

Meze and affordable in the same sentence? are you sure you haven’t made a typo?

6 Likes

A-meze-ing!

6 Likes

Depends on if 400 bucks is considered affordable I guess.

5 Likes

The Alba seems to be touted top be released at $150?

now Apos has split their vacuum tube lineup between CORE and SELECT where the only difference between the two is that their audiophile engineers hand picked it to be extra superb compared to the CORE ones…

Despite originating from the same batches as Ray Tubes’ CORE Collection, SELECT vacuum tubes are distinguished not by automated manufacturing differences but by the expert judgment of a professional. Their engineers assess each vacuum tube individually for its sound profile, dynamics, microphonics, gain, conductance, noise, and overall performance.

The OG price on these were $149 and now its down to $55 for the CORE and $179 for the SELECT lol
Ray Tubes 12AU7 CORE Vacuum Tube – Apos
Ray Tubes 12AU7 SELECT Vacuum Tube – Apos

4 Likes

Clever marketing.

2 Likes

AI in our ears!!!

1 Like

Noctua fan mount/stand with one of its intended uses being to cool audio equipment. https://youtu.be/MWsVbYZcZ4U?si=qP5ZgrgXCwFBxmiB

USB out on the new Wiim streamer is tempting me to upgrade from my Wiim Pro. We shall see once reviews start coming out. https://youtu.be/zWsJCUxLpqs?si=f67rxF68VLTlIpHQ

Pretty unique looking, found it on taoboa (40 usd) with more pics

Looks interesting…until I saw this.

:joy:

2 Likes

Lol no:

A more reasonable proposition but I’d have to know what’s so special about “Onix”:

Especially why it makes an incredibly dated looking DAP so expensive, but makes a dongle only $10 more than their own:

2 Likes

Non android DAP , latest ESS9039SPRO chipset and over 1125mw of power.

The UI and software are exactly like the M5Ultra and one of the best user experiences to date I have ever had the pleasure of using.

Built like a tank and personally I fell in love the moment I saw this thing.

Reminds me of my beloved DX90 only with everything I wish the little player was missing.

I get your point wont be for everyone tho.

That little dongle 500mw oh my wow!
Going to buy both

4 Likes

Hifiman’s Weibo Profile

June 3rd at 8 P.M (CST) Hifiman will live-broadcast their new product launch conference for 2024. This is purportedly to introduce the new planar flagship rumored in the ~$8k USD ballpark.

3 Likes

WOW, it’s ugly lmao.

7 Likes

what’s your favorite color of noise?

Dead silence, even had to buy a 100 usd ish (xiaomi) fan to keep the noise down when im sleeping lol.

3 Likes

My wife leaves the TV on, usually some chill YouTube playlist.

I tend to prefer it quiet, but if I have sleep issues, I sometimes put something on Netflix.

1 Like